Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Head Rebuild (!! NEW HEAD PICS !!)

None of that includes any evidence of porting giving 20 hp gains though does it mate?

Well, you can extropolate from the times and weight, just how much power the car is making. He rolling roaded the car at various stages. Like I said, it was making 225whp at the end of it's career. That's unheard for a stock 2.8 with a tired bottom end. Fastest time ever was an 11.7, and no other N/A trim vr6 has ever matched that. Trap speed was around 114mph I think.

114 mph terminal speed with 225 whp sounds like shit to me even with slicks (unless its just a shell)

my car has 255 whp and does 105 mph terminals

Can anyone tell me should you empty new hydraulic followers before fitting higher lift cams, or is that just for really high profiles ?

When I got mine out the bag at the weekend they had turned over and leaked some oil. I was worried about whether or not I should fill them buy putting them in a tray of oil ? Then I read in a DIY 16v head rebuild in Golf+, and they emptied there new tappets out so not to get any artificial lift. They were fitting 270s.

Ive just plonked them in as they were, should I be worried about anything?

Cant answer your question, but ive liked the way your going about your mods from the start. Looks the dogs and i cant wait to see your RR results. You deserve some healthy numbers after doing so much yourself too. Fingers crossed!

Interesting approach. Did you get a chance to RR it yet?

Yeah I did, it made 230 bhp with 200 lbs ft of torque, with a dodgy MAF after the map. Was expecting more torque, but this could have something to do with the MAF ?