Sign in to follow this  
Stakis

What fuel pump for g60???

well we all know your way is the right way dont we kev.

these things work. pretty simple. if you wanna spend 10x the money on the same thing thats fine, im just trying to help for NO PROFIT. this cash goes to my mate and not me.

if necessary i can probly get photos of a fitted pump. its been in the golf for 2 yrs now so will give a good indication of condition of a "Bodge" after 2 yrs as our well off moderator calls it.

to those who want one. it will be weekend when i can dispatch them.

Not saying my way is the right way. I prefer to over engineer things and we're all entitled to our opinions, whether a "well off moderator" or not. Well off as in loaded or well off as in out of order, incidentally? If the former, not true. If the latter, then I apologise if my opinions go against your grain.

10x the money. Oh behave. The Sytec pump is £90 and fits in the OE housing perfectly with no "cable ties". Hardly bank account breaking to do the job properly is it and daily reliable 500hp potential. I'm sorry but where expensive engine builds are concerned, there's no way I'm fitting a cast off subaru pump secured with a couple of ties from B&Q. Each to our own.

woah chill people! My cars made of cable ties so im happy to try a pump but i understand some people who arent prepared to take short cuts to save money

Yeah this could get out of hand! i only wanna try a more powerful pump as i am in the process of trying to eliminate a problem... if the problem is sorted with this impreza pump then i may look into getting a sytec pump, i dont really wanna spend £90 on a sytec pump if its not needed??

tis each to their own. i agree there but theres no need to throw words like Chavvy and bodge into every post you disagree with either kev. i wouldn't use one on a VRT either, probly 2 would be needed. fact is most factory pumps are made better than aftermarket ones.

i aint doubting the sytec (walbro made i think) pump. these are what was used to replace the standard pumps.

You dont need to use cable ties, use metal snap straps or make it fit the housing. your call.

Sorry my choice of words offend you, but I'm not one for skirting round an issue with user friendly words, besides, I don't actually recall saying your particular methods were bodgey anyway, I think you just assumed that. I was actually referring to my walbro which was bodged in by me and stealth at the time. It sat too high up in the housing meaning 1/4 tank on the guage was actually empty and it ran dry too many times and died. It was fudged in with various O rings and what not and didn't work too great.

The Sytec has some decent spiggots to lock the pump in properly and it also sits lower down.

no offence taken. your comments make a lot more sense now foillowing this post. i tend to try not to upset people if i can as most forum stuff is opinion based anyway.

you can fit the best pump in the world but if it isn't in the juice then it aint gonna work. gotta take care to get the pump at the same height as the original.

to summerise any pump will work that fits in the tank and feed enough juice. i have tested the subaru ones so i can comment on that one.

kevs tried walbro now runs sytec

my mates used sytec on subarus upto 1.7bar on a td05 (part of their upgrade kit type thing)

i am going a differnet route where im gonna run a second pump in line near the fuel filter for the 16vt. i got a holley as previously mentioned. with the G60 pump or subaru pump feeding the holley i should be ok. one q that does arrise is how does the std pump feed enough to keep the in-line happy? well it creates a vacum of some sort between the pumps increasing the flow of the in-tank std pump. if this doesn't suffice the a surge tank id needed. this is fed by the std pump which in turn feeds the in-line(one wayof doing it) and holds enough juice to support a full WOT run

Aye, sometimes the wrong word here and there (such as chavvy and bodge ;-) ) can create some bad feeling, but no offense meant!

Yeah I thought about external pumps too. Schimmel uses the SX fuel system (good for 900+hp) but you're talking $340 just for the pump, $90 for the regulator and $160 for the filter, so it's not cheap stuff. I don't need fuel support to that extent so the Sytec should suffice. What about K jet external pumps? Or do they not have enough flow?

kjet has plenty of flow. enough for 360lbs ft so im told and thats the golf ones. the 044 aftermarket is "the" pump from all accounts. used in the jap and euro world.

heard good and bad things bout the SX stuff. been told you need 2 real expensive filters pre and post plus surge to make it work.

i like the look of the in-tank pump bracket that scott f williams (USRT) in america produced. not sure if its in production or not but it mounted 2 or 3 normal pumps on the bracket.

all a bit much for the requirements of a G60 which is what we are really talking about but at over 500hp its more like the real stuff.

there are other options like those power increasing devices that make the pump work harder but id expect thatll make it fail sooner too.