Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

which ht leads?

need some new leads, been to the stealers & was quoted £140 for my vr!!! :gag:

what are the other alternatives but want to keep the quality, love to hear any views on what you've got, how they are & how much?

cheers

hey thats brilliant steve @, thats half the dealers prices inc. postage, i'm sure the VAG ones are the same make!

one question though....how do i know which ones to order distributor/coil pack as mine is a 93 vr :oops: , infact 2 questions...do i need a specific tool for removal & fitting?

what about magnecor? any good? cheapest place to get them?

cheers

http://www.candrenterprises.co.uk/selec ... ion=Engine

£77.50 for cars with a coil pack and £87.50 for cars with a distributor. Ignore the Lake Speed name, it should read Blue Igniters and you may need to go back to the home page an select performance engine parts, Corrado, ignition leads if the stupid link fails. The proper VW tool should be clipped to the bonnet stay (VW part number 021 012 and just less than £15) but it is pretty useless after a couple of uses so the Snap On tool

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp ... k&tool=all)

at just under £42 is the dogs do dahs and will last for ever. However, as it is metal, do not use it whilst the engine is running and don't ask how I know this!

hey thats brilliant steve @, thats half the dealers prices inc. postage, i'm sure the VAG ones are the same make!

one question though....how do i know which ones to order distributor/coil pack as mine is a 93 vr :oops: , infact 2 questions...do i need a specific tool for removal & fitting?

what about magnecor? any good? cheapest place to get them?

cheers

Under the bonnet you will have 6 spark leads, if you have a dizzy you will have an extra lead. So basically coilpack = 6 leads, dizzy =7.

I'll be ordering a set soon as I ve just found a split in one of my bremi jobbies.

Happy to reccommend VW Spares - just bought a set of Beru OE leads from them for my valver and their order turn around was superb - very quick!

I'm fairly sure Beru's are OEM..?

I'm fairly sure Beru's are OEM..?

yeah thats what i thought too.

basically coilpack = 6 leads, dizzy =7.

looks like the coilpack jobby then :D