Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

How long will I last ...

Being in Cornwall, however, I'll let you off, as you probably don't suffer from the severe traffic that a nbig city like Coventry suffers from (well, more its inhabitants and useless commuters)

For sure! - I can't remember the last time I sat in a traffic jam, it's all open road goodness down here Eric :)

I've been singing my rocco's praises since I bought it, but it would seem that I spoke too soon yesterday, I was out last night in the beast and she broke down on me :( - I'm yet to be given a diagnosis so hopefully it's not a big problem!

For sure! - I can't remember the last time I sat in a traffic jam, it's all open road goodness down here Eric

Gawd.. its a daily occurrance for me up here in wonderful Chaventry! :|

Yeah, my missus used to work 6 miles away from our house in Cardiff - and it would take her 45 mins sat in traffic jams to get to work. Now she works 20 miles away and it takes her 25 minutes of blarting through the countryside along the coast to get to work 8)

traffic jams to get to work

I keep on saying this: A large part of the problem are those f*cking parents (mainly mothers) who insist on driving their lazy offspring the 1 mile trip to school every morning, and clog up the roads. I noticed this again this morning, how a whole queue of nothing but female drivers with kids in the back of their cars ranging from bangers to the biggest and ugliest 4x4s(!!!, why????) were waiting at a junction to turn into a road with a school on it. And no, i don't drive to work, never did, as it would do my head in each morning. I walk or would cycle (armed with a baseball bat to hit anyone threatening me).

Why can't kids walk anymore these days like I had to in my days?

If Tony Blair is so seriously concerned about CO2 emissions and the environment he should ban this, seriously! Notice how empty the roads are during half-term breaks! Then work out how much less CO2 emissions we would have, if kids walked to school again.

Tempest

Seriously felt like I was at breaking point last night. The council are doing roadworks on EVERY road out of the place I work.. there are about 4 roads and ALL of them have roadworks on them. Who the F*!K is sitting at a desk at the council thinking "Here is another great idea from me!" - tw@t!! :|

It took me 20 minutes to crawl 1 god damn mile..

Problem is its just not close enough for me to hop on my bike. Its an 8 mile trek but the traffic is VERY heavy with lots of impatient drivers.. and of course its now winter and fricking cold. I'd get on a bus (as there are very regular busses) but whats the point - its going to take me even longer as at least in the car I can dive off down side roads or redivert if a particular road looks bad.

I really think I need to consider moving back into Coventry and closer to work!