Sign in to follow this  
mic_VR

Future 'rado owner!

Hi guys, new to the forum and thought I'd say hello and ask some advice.

Looking to upgrade from my current mk2 golf to a corrado, VR6 for definite!, and I was wondering if people could tell me the kind of things I should look out for when I go to see potential motors?

Got about £4k to spend but I'd like to get wheels/suspension done on anything I do get so probably looking at £500 for the actual car.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

That'll teach me for not paying attention! :oops:

£3500 for car, £500 for odds and sods.

What a great start to my life on Corrado.net

Haha sorry mate for having a go.

£3,500 isn't bad at the prices they seem to be going for at the moment.

Mine is up on ebay as a featured item - should be at the top of the corrado car list.

Personally I would buy one with as low miles as I could afford

There is buyers guide if you use the search with loads of tips in

you should be able to get a tidy one on here have a look on the knowledge base on the main page mate it will take you to wiki and then look at vr6 buying guide good luck!

Andy

That buying guide is a bit on the organised side! I'm impressed!

As for mileage, seen some nice (Looking) ones around the 120K miles mark.

Does this sound high? What kind of things will need doing at this mileage (timing chains, engine overhaul etc?)

I'm fairly competent but i'll be leaving engine/bodywork as standard as I've got a mk2 golf that I get the pleasure of fixing most of the time

I bought mine with 125k miles for £3.5k and it runs sweet as a nut. The VR6 engine's last forever if they are serviced regularly. There is a guy on here who's VR6 storm is around 250k :shock:

IIRC the chains don't really need changing unless they are shit but the tappets do so best to check if anything has been done, the more the better i suppose :lol:

Good luck with finding your car and welcome to the forum :D

Rob.

do it mate, had 5 mk2 golf's and loved everyone of them, but the corrado is in another league, 3.5k will buy ya a good one. and this IS the place to come to if you ever need help. as for mileage i would not worry to much. my last rado had 180000 miles on it, with no problems in the 2 years i had it,

Well i've had a look around and I'll be going to see a few at the weekend hopefully.

This time next week I should have a new toy! 8)

Herisites - So your a rushden boy eh? I grew up in raunds, then I moved to Cambridge about three years ago. My parents still live there. I'll be keeping an eye out for you when I'm back there

mine was on 135k on the original clutch/chains etc etc when i fitted the charger and added 100hp. it still seems happy!