Sign in to follow this  
trundlemouse

New member new owner of a Corrado

[color=#0000FF] :) Hello I have recently aquired a 1995 2.0 16v.

I have a pretty good idea about the faults on the car.

When I collected the car the passenger exterior door handle failed to open, I have seen repair kits on ebay ( In Germany and in the states) can anyone tell me if they work and if not what is the best route to take.

Also the heater switch only works on postion 4 and the old owner has supplied the complete cluster temp, direction and switch. Does the whole unit have to be replaced. Any help gratefully received.

Hello, good evening, and welcome :)

There's a very nice chap on this very forum that produces and sells door handle repair kits that many members have used, it's a common fault ,Click here for the relevent thread.

The heater problem is another common fault i'm afraid. Click here for a possible easy fix. You may need to swap the whole thing if that doesn't work, which isn't a problem if the seller has supplied you with one :) ( they are a sought after item and therfore they're expensive and difficult to find! )

It's allways worth using the search feature, you'll find most problems you come across have been discussed a few times before

Hope that helps.

Its daves16v that does the kits isnt it? They work a treat trundlemouse, and very little work to get them fitted. They go on ebay for around £30 + postage. I think daves16v does them a bit cheaper.

Welcome to the forum mate!