Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

CAR NOW FIXED!! HOW HAPPY AM I!

Hi all,

just wanted to say im totally over the moon got paid tuesday ordered my new leads got my engine bay polishing kit too! and just gotta get a car care kit from riley then ill take some pics of her with all her new bits! just like to say thanks for everyone thats helped when i didnt know what was wrong with my car!

But im so happy took her for a nice 60 mile trip round the whole island kept under 4k as i have 140 miles left before charger fully run in!

She's running like a dream now love it!

oh and and shes loud well seems louder but probs coz been driving the fiesta for ages! will get some vids up soon when ive contained myself i re-set my suspension too, put my new cd player back in! only a few more bits and paint and she'll be to the standard i want her!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! :D

Cheers Andy

Glad she's running again, it's times like these that keep you going when 'Karmann's law' drops by and leaves you completely stumped about what's wrong with the bloody car.

Those feelings are exactly why we all spend time, money, blood, sweat and tears on metal -Nice one mate, make the most of that high. :thumb right:

Hopefully i'll be just as excited with my new brakes and wheels next week. :)

Don't worry.. it'll find a way to crush you again soon. Such is the nature of the Corrado ;)

PMSL :lol: (but very true!!)

touch wood before i put all my polished engine parts on she'd never gone wrong once since then the ignition switch went didnt have a clue what it was then the leads now all sorted she is purring again and i love it just had a customary drive round the town so ppl could admire how sexy the C is someone even said today thats a good number plate. so that made me smile too!

marcus im sure you will im giving it a very very good clean tomorrow then take some pics

one good point is i had literally no experience with mechanics before i brought the C now i at least know were everything is and could probably take it off and put back again except things like the clutch and hard things like that!

Well done, I know the feeling as about 2 years ago, it took me some time to get a funny judder problem on my G60 sorted (always juddered at 2500 and 3000 revs); turned out the previous owner had had the timing set to 6° after TDC !!!

Tempest

Hey Andy,

Good work fella!! :-) its always good when you get her back on the road again! See you at the next south coast meet now I have mine working again too!

Cheers

Dan