Sign in to follow this  
red corrado16v

Oil pressure warning system.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?.My car is a 1990 (G) Corrado 1.8 16valve. My oil pressure warning system keeps going off for a few fractions of a second with the buzzer blipping at the same time. Seems to do it when the car is warming up more so than when its at full temperature. Every now and then warning alarm wont go off until the engine has been switched off. It started doing it around 3 months ago so i changed both oil pressure switches (0.3 and 8 bar) fully flushed the engine with a quality engine flush, changed oil for a non synthetic oil and replaced the oil filter. I also had the oil pressure checked and was told it was fine. I thought this would cure it but it returned a few weeks later. It has been suggested to me that the VDO clocks can develop a fault with the curcuit boards that control the oil pressure system. Has anybody else seen this before?. I have also noticed that the top half of the MFA screen keeps going dimmer than the bottom half, could it be conected?. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

I had similar Problem with my Scirroco (missed dearly :( but Corrado made up for it), It turned out to be water getting into the fuse box, started with lights coming on in dash, then the wipers would go off on their own.

just a thought! :wink:

Looks like you got yourself a carbon copy of my G reg valver!! My oil pressure alarm goes off now and again and the top half of my MFA is faint at times too. I removed the undertray under the steering wheel yesterday to run an RCA cable and all looked nice and dry round the relays/fuses. I've just driven 880 miles this week with no probs but any info on sorting these 2 faults would be awesome :)

"SH*T" ......Didn,t know that corrado had one of those "buzzers" hidden in it ASWELL , thought i,d left that behind when i sold my rocco!...{wooden spoon on standby}

I've had the exact same prob with my valver. Did you use GSF sensors when you swapped out? I did and they are shite. The problem remained. Changed them for genuine (not much price difference) and problem solved...

I haven't noticed my MFA going dim but I had terrible problems with the oil pressure switches..... Lesson learned, always use the genuine ones!!

I would be interested to know if perhaps it is an intermittent fault in the gauges, I have what was once a Greg valver but is now on Irish plates

just a thought !, as i re read this thread i remembered that a couple of months ago my battery died for no reason and with no prior warning i remember at the time the lcd would dim when i turned the ignition and the oil warning light stayed on there was also a noise, that i took to be a relay chattering at the time , { but could have been warning buzzer} , this noise would not stop until i had turned the ignition off, .......... i jump started my car from a yellow jump start unit that i had i the boot and drove to get a new battery , when i load tested the old battery i found that it was defective { no guts , amps} but still showed 13v

ive got this problem i changed the pressure sensors with GSF ones but did not solve the problem will try VW one's and see if they work. when i changed them though it did not do it as much. Ive got a anolog gauge on my pillar so i was gonna just rip the buzzer out but i could not find it, anyone know where it is