Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

G60 Engine sensor / ECU loom power feed?

Hi,

Does anyone know where the G60 ECU loom gets it's power feed from, I know it's from the ECU relay but how and where does it connect to this - behing the fusebox inside the cabin??

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem by trying a new loom

hows the trouble shooting going? thought you'd have the old girl fixed by now

its from the plug on the back of the fuse box G1 pin 10 colour wire black with a yellow stripe . . hope this helps . info out of the bentley book .

Cheers, I know where it comes out of the fuse box but cannot see where that then connects to the main engine / ecu loom, must go thru the bulkhead somewhere...

Fault is completly random / intermittent change of engine note where the car slowly overfuels it self to death where it starts to pop, shake cut out, won't rev as it's flooded... as if timing was out but it's spot on - all 4 plugs soot black, all sensors checked and replaced for new / known good and ecu tried in another car... loom continuity checks out ok but want to try a new one as i have access...

only thing in the book that i can see is full throttle switch . may be if this is faulty your getting full fuel all the time . this is connected via the 3 pin plug located on the left fire wall . i will read a little more later today ?

Why not just connect the loom temporarily to the ignition-on-power contact on the coil (forgot which number that is (Bentley at home, me at work). Should give it power for testing at least.

Tempest

trevor, cheers - i've checked the switch with a metre and it seems ok but then again the fault is internittent... might see how much a new switch is...

Tempest, Yeah, thats basically what i want to do but there are 2 plugs with 4/5 wires and I can only find reference to 2 of them in the bentley...

there are 2 plugs with 4/5 wires and I can only find reference to 2 of them in the bentley...

Ring all connectors through and see which ones match which pin in the 25-pin ECU connector:

1. ignition start position signal

2. Lambda-sensor

3. fuel pump relay

4. knock sensor (pin 1)

5. CO-pot

6. GND (also GND for idle switch, FT-switch, Hall Generator on dizzy, CO-pot, blue temp sender)

7. knock sensor (pin 2,3)

8. Hall generator (pin 3, on dizzy)

9. air inlet temp sender (CO-pot pin 2)

10. blue temp sensor (pin 1)

11. idle switch

12. fuel injector rail

13. GND (straight to batt '-'-terminal)

14. ECU relay (power supply, pin 6/87) and ISV pin 3

15. full throttle switch

16. A/C thermostat (not connected on yours ;-) )

17. n/c

18. Hall generator (pin 2)

19. GND (to engine/manifold)

21. n/c

22. ISV (pin 1)

23. ECU relay (pin 5/86)

25. ignition coil (pin 1, green)

HTH,

Tempest

Not what I meant.

I thought you were stuck as to how to feed power to the ECU, i.e. which pins to use etc., given what you'd written above (2 plugs found with 4/5 wires, but only 2 id'ed using the Bentley - not sure which plugs you mean, as don't have the new loom here :lol:). That's why I thought it might be an idea to ring the pins through on the new loom to find out which ones go to which of the 25 pins on the ECU connector. You only need 14 and 23 to power the ECU. :-)

Tempest