Sign in to follow this  
Freefire

Air Induction kits & an engine query - PLEASE HELP!

Can anyone tell me what air filter induction kit I can obtain for a 16v 1.8??? And if so, do they make any improvement?

Also, rasping sound from top left of engine on acceleration - Kinda sounds like theres a marble rattling around in there? Had it stripped 3 times in the last month and there doesnt seem to be anything apparent? Any ideas???? So frustrated!! :twisted:

does it happen at certain revs,could just be the heat shield rattling,your best bet about the filter,if you really want an induction kit eurotek sell the stoeve induction kit fir the 16v kr engine

does it happen at certain revs,could just be the heat shield rattling,your best bet about the filter,if you really want an induction kit eurotek sell the stoeve induction kit fir the 16v kr engine

Thanks for the quick reply - It does happen at around 3-4k revs and a 'rattling heat sheild' does describe the noise (although I'm not sure what one is?). Not being a mechanic I'll have to somehow locate it with the manual and check it out? - You had the same problem? - Easily rectified???

yep that does sound like a rattling heatshield,and its easily fixed,just take a look around the exhaust down pipe for the offending heat shield