CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

James, getting pretty close then. Your taking it nice and easy pace is like my flat out in a hurry . Even if I have to make another prototype I'll have something for you

Cheers Dave i will probably call on you sooner than you think :lol: Im busy looking out for a TDI or old diesel turbo engine for the valver,think this is the sensible route to go rather than the throttle body idea as its going to be my daily when its done 8) the electric milk float sounds good,sure this will be a corrado first !

James, getting pretty close then. Your taking it nice and easy pace is like my flat out in a hurry . Even if I have to make another prototype I'll have something for you

Cheers Dave i will probably call on you sooner than you think :lol: Im busy looking out for a TDI or old diesel turbo engine for the valver,think this is the sensible route to go rather than the throttle body idea as its going to be my daily when its done 8) the electric milk float sounds good,sure this will be a corrado first !

I had more of this kind of thing in mind...... http://www.pluginamerica.com/media/Wrightspeed.wmv :shock: :shock:

Andy, if I leave this up to Merrin, most likely pink or purple :D . We have a spray booth for machine parts at work, so just have to see what they have in. Not power coat, but low bake, durable stuff.

It's the batteries thats the problem. AC induction motors and drives are easy to come by in my business. But you really need Li-polymer or Li-Ion cells to make it work, lead acid are just too bulky for the power they give :(

If I could find a good source for the cells, it's do-able.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf100.jpg[/attachment:1zzcjerg]

Daddies little helper!! The rear beam is pretty rusty but it'll clean up OK. Few coats of some decent paint and it'll be good as new.

ETKA Corrado.pdf101.jpg[/attachment:1zzcjerg]

Big pile of old scrap..... well the rear brakes, hoses and back plates etc. All going to be cleaned and painted then reassembled with lots of copper slip so I can get it all apart again easily :)

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf102.jpg[/attachment:1zzcjerg]

This is the caliper carrier bolt that rounded out despite being very careful. Mr angle grinder made a nice slot to bar it lose with :lol:

Corrado92.pdf103.jpg[/attachment:1zzcjerg]

Rear calipers work fine but as you can see, need a good clean up and some paint.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf104.jpg[/attachment:1zzcjerg]

This all needs a good clean, I started but then got bored :)

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf105.jpg[/attachment:1zzcjerg]

Under all this lot its classic green :) honest!

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf106.jpg[/attachment:1zzcjerg]

Knock the old rubber bits out with a hammer, then slit the metal sleeve with a hacksaw and tap that out with a chisel. All out in no more than 15 minutes :D

107.jpg[/attachment:1zzcjerg]

Who needs expensive toys! Those old bushes are still good for something :lol:

It's off to the shot blaster at work with all the bits and bobs that need cleaning this week. Should be able to build it all back up again next weekend :D

How easy was it to get the metal sleeves out Dave?

I left mine in for the powder coating so it wouldnt make the hole any smaller.. Is it easy done??

Good work dave, your cutting it fine for UD show :) Don't forget want a ride in this car :lol:

If you keep posting uber clean pics of your car, mine will have to be stripped and rebuilt completely in the next 3 weeks :D Don't panic it'll be ready for turbo fun :lol:

How easy was it to get the metal sleeves out Dave?

I left mine in for the powder coating so it wouldnt make the hole any smaller.. Is it easy done??

They came out really easy, just cut a single slit out with a hacksaw and knock them out evenly with a hammer and chisel. Mine had so much rust on I couldn't tell it was a bush, looked like it was welded in, but they both came out no problem.

Looks interesting Dave, seeing all these folk having a go at their rear axle bushes is really making me want to do the same :roll:

Looks interesting Dave, seeing all these folk having a go at their rear axle bushes is really making me want to do the same :roll:

I've gone about my car all wrong really and even against my own rules. A car should always handle and stop well before you increase the power.... Now I'm playing catchup, can't stop the thing and it doesn't go round corners how I'd like.

As for the bushes, the job itself doesn't seem to bad. But not needing the car during the week means I can take it apart, take my time, and do a nice job.

Yeah but the engine part is whats the most exciting of a modded car so i reckon as long as you know you are going to do it at some point afterwards i dont think it matters, so long as you drive it steady that is :lol:

So do you have any ideas on hoy to press the new bushes back in? been thinking this is probably the worst part other than removing the brake pressure regulator.

Im going to take mine to a local garage who has a press and get them to pop them in, easy job with the the right gear..

A guy I know who does vw rear arm bushes all the time made a simple tool with a couple of plates and some all-thread. Push the thread through the bush and the arm and plate either side. Then line the bush up square in the hole and wind the nut. He actually does them on the vehicle by supporting the beam on a stand (with the car on a ramp). The beam is lowered just enough to get access to the bushes etc. He doesn't even need to crack the hydraulic lines open, so no brake bleeing either 8) . Whole job done in about an hour.

So I'm planning on trying this with a home made puller, I'll let you know how I get on :)

Of course a press would be the best way, so I may just end up putting the new bushes in a work :?

Good work! Can you send Merrin over to do mine? :lol:

Your car is gonna be truly amazing when all the brakes/suspension is sorted!

Oh it's painted all right! Just waiting for it to harden off properly before bringing it all home from work.

Managed to get the beam into the little shot blaster, with one end hanging out :) and then cleared up the mess afterwards (carbide shot everywhere!).

A few sneak preview shots! Just in red oxide at the minute. Semi gloss black for the final finish.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC008050003.JPG[/attachment:relxv5qh]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC008030001.JPG[/attachment:relxv5qh]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC008060004.JPG[/attachment:relxv5qh]

Calipers before shot blasting.

DSC008090007.JPG[/attachment:relxv5qh]

And after :D Amazing how well they come up.

How are the KW's Shaun?

Well tried to press the new bushes in this afternoon and can't get them in with a simple all-thread puller. Looks like its a take it to work and use the porta-power bearing puller or a press to get them in :?

They're so close but need another few mm on each bush to get them fully home so the support brackets will line up with the holes in the chassis.

On a positive note, all the parts are cleaned up and ready to fit, so once the bushes are in it should be a nice assembly job to get it all back together :)

As usual its all about having the correct tool for the job. Half an hour on the big press at work and job done. Bushes in and all ready to put back together :D