CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

Lol! think i'll second that Jim! I had nightmares doing the front engine mount :)

Cheers guys!

Not sure why I didn't think about doing the bushes at work in the first place. I was about 30yds from the press when painting the bits and bobs. Never mind, live and learn :)

Needs all putting back together now, but quite looking forward to that.

Whoa :shock: will look cool I reckon.

What type of paint have you used dude? I want to do mine, as the ones going on Gooney are in my garage.

Blimey i thought i was in a rave when i saw that pic :shock: started the whole 'big fish, little fish, cardboard box' routine then realised it was just UBER bright calipers :lol:

You guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They do look bright in the picture! Think its mostly the camera flash though.

The paint is actually almost exactly VW Motorsport blue.... which was the thinking behind it. It's a high temp enamel which should last pretty well. I'll get the full details off the tin Stu.

It'll be the first external clue to anything non standard.

The paint is actually almost exactly VW Motorsport blue.... which was the thinking behind it. It's a high temp enamel which should last pretty well. I'll get the full details off the tin Stu.

Cheers Dave. I'm liking the subtle hint at the non-standard :)

Update time!

Well last night I actually worked outside in the dark getting the rear beam back on :( . It's the only way I'm going to get the car back together for Ultimate Dubs.

Still despite the dark, it wasn't too cold :) and I did get the rear end back together (ok it needs checking over and tightening up). On the whole I'm pretty happy with the results. And my camera really does exaggerate the blue, honest!

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC008140001.JPG[/attachment:24wjv9ny]

Funny how you notice stuff when sitting back and looking at a picture. I hadn't noticed the muck on the insides of the springs or the platforms.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC008150002.JPG[/attachment:24wjv9ny]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC008160003.JPG[/attachment:24wjv9ny]

DSC008180004.JPG[/attachment:24wjv9ny]

First effort on the floor, must try harder :)

you do understand that by the time you've driven to UD, it will be dirty again :lol:

mines going into a car wash on the way to UD.

Toad, glad you like it, fancied something a bit different :) much to the amusment of a few forum members :lol: well everybody has red these days.

KADVR6, didn't I mention the trailer........ seriously...... OK I'm only kidding :lol:

James, still looks like new, but it was last year, the old one sprung a rather large leak and the brake pedal sank to the floor on the way to BVF Malvern last year :shock: Good job I was only following a camper van so not going at turbo speed!

CazzaVR, cheers. I'm amazed at how good the underside is looking. Just the suspension bits that had loads of surface rust on. The chassis is really good. Karmann did a good job of the underbody protection :D

James, still looks like new, but it was last year, the old one sprung a rather large leak and the brake pedal sank to the floor on the way to BVF Malvern last year :shock: Good job I was only following a camper van so not going at turbo speed!

Oh yeah, I remember that! Thought it was a brakeline at first? That would make me very sad if one burst on me, going at pace.

Oh yeah, I remember that! Thought it was a brakeline at first? That would make me very sad if one burst on me, going at pace.

Not a nice experience, think Karl had something similar on his, but a front brake hose. When I got underneath the brake lines I'd made were fine, the bias valve had burst a seal.

Finally getting sorted I think?

Believe it or not this is progress :? Even though it now has less wheels on than yesterday :D

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC008230002.JPG[/attachment:nyk816sw]

DSC008270003.JPG[/attachment:nyk816sw]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC008220001.JPG[/attachment:nyk816sw]

This is the paint Stu. Will see how it survives after a few weeks of pulling up a VRT :)

Getting nicely stuck in, i like the blue calipers but there nowt wrong with red.... :D

See you next weekend...

Went for blue cos somebody else has already taken red with classic green :lol:

Blue does work nice with the silver of the wheels, honest :)

The blues looks good, better then i though. Sorry Dave :lol:

Think all your cars going to be cleaner then mine, not seen my for 3 weeks :(

Only got one day to clean before show

No worries Shaun, made me really :D , when you guys get going....

Really looking forward to having a good look round your motor. After reading through your gallery and looking at some of the pics, it's mega tidy. Sure it'll still look mint even after 400 miles of driving from Jersey :)

Don't forget, you could always get an extra 1/2 days cleaning in on Friday pm :) before moving on to Telford?