Sign in to follow this  
Sw!zz3r0

Egine 2.0 16v

Hello Corrado fans, I need to understand what is the finally year/month of make this 2.0 16v corrado's?

I ask because, I'm thinking to get one of them... but tell me the finally years/months of make :)

And what do you think for this?

the grill is NASTY looks fairly standard apart from that!

As for years im not sure but someone will be along to tell you soon enough!!

Andy

the grill is NASTY looks fairly standard apart from that!

As for years im not sure but someone will be along to tell you soon enough!!

Andy

Yes, I'm completely agree with you for the grill, but this is the smaller problem... it's easy to change it 8) Visual look will still change..

Mainly I'm interested for the years of production... 1992-1995 but i'm not sure... and the months?? I hope there is someone knows :wink:

Hard to say just from a photo of the engine bay, but you're right - that is definately a 2.0 16v and they were only made from 1992 to 1995...

I will go to see it with friend, but i think it can be crashed 1.8 16v or G60 with swaped engine.. for that I search info for 2.0 16v production, to see it's this is a original 2.0 16v...

I see Jim, you write in you signature the color of you corrado, are you know the stock colors of 2.0 16v's ?

The manual transmission Corrado 2L 16V with a 9A engine is known as a type 509 034 and was produced from 08/91 to 07/92 with an AYK gearbox and from 08/92 to 07/95 with a CGY gearbox.

I will go to see it with friend, but i think it can be crashed 1.8 16v or G60 with swaped engine.. for that I search info for 2.0 16v production, to see it's this is a original 2.0 16v...

I see Jim, you write in you signature the color of you corrado, are you know the stock colors of 2.0 16v's ?

It is definately not a crashed 1.8 16v or G60 (from what I can see) as it has the later style headlights / indicators / fog lights as it should. The colour also looks to be fairly standard Aqua Blue?

Thanks to all for the answers, just tell me what's the difference between 'AYK' and 'CGY' gearboxes, and with one is better to choose?

Jim in the advertisement wrote color - violet :?

Ohh bugger, I asked for that. Third gear is slightly different on the AYK at 1.43 whereas in the CGY it is 1.45, nothing important.