Sign in to follow this  
iggi

non start doing starting to wind me up!

can anyone suggest the cause of my problem. i have a 1990 1.8 16v. has been perfect since i bought it 2 years ago. in the last few weeks it has started to kangaroo while in traffic. i thought maybe it could do with new dizzy cap for starters. i took the cap off, and the hall sender connection crumbled out in pieces. so i borrow another distributor. wont start. turns but wont fire up. i bought new bosch distributor. fitted it. wont start. same as b4. i have checked across hall sender plug and there is 10v coming through. what do i try next?? i can borrow an ecu to check that. i will try new coil and ht lead too. anything else i need to check? any help would be appreciated!! cheers!

10v is probably about right with the car not running but i'd give the battery a charge anyways...

Are you sure the ignition timing is correct after swapping the diz?

i marked the dizzy so its in same spot as old one was. battery is near new. the none start happened the second i changed the dizzy over.