Sign in to follow this  
Pau1

Interior Plastic Paint

Im thinking about using some interior plastic paint. Does anyone have any good recomendations for me. Not really something i've played with before. TIA

P.S I think Ben must have used some to match his TVR interior.

I read Mr Renshaw's thread-athon the other day, he used some and gave a name for the supplier too. There's 88 pages to go at to find it though!

I've used stuff from (don't laugh) Woolies, who are clssic car restorers. Thye sell, and plastic cleaner, plastic prep and paint, and it actually eats into the top layer of plastic to give a really tough finish. Not cheap though. I've used it to respray loads of interior trim and send it from grey to black....

JMC, Do you have a link to a website or anything?

Prepping it might be difficult as the plastic is textured.

Ben or Jay, are you out there? Need to know where to find beige paint. TIA

Pau1, the company is called Woolies (e-mail http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk, tel 01778 347347). They are based in Market Deeping near Peterborough. The paint is called Vinylkote, and they sell it along with Vinylkleen and Vinylprep for (not surprisingly) cleaning and prepping the surface. This allows the paint to penetrate the surface and give a resilient coating. I've used it on the rear speaker holders, the trim on the inside of the tailgate (all slightly textured), and the front kick panels, and it's bearing up quite well. Apparently they can colour match if necessary.