Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDave

Megasquirt Standalone Conversions

Yeah that's a big throttle, good price too!

Yeah me too on the plugs, I bought shed loads of them from the states for not much over a dollar each and in fact, if you can run a coil test, see the difference in spark between a copper V groove and a normal OE spec Plat or iridium and there's no contest...copper every time....but they don't last half as long....but at a dollar each? Who cares!

I'll adjust the DTA's water temp compensation map, should do the trick.

Yeah traction has surprised me, for 11psi at least. I suspect if I go to a bar of boost things might change, but it's far from a spinning, torque steering animal.

The ISV would help the cold running, a little extra idle air to prop up the extra rich mixture.

I'm going to try setting warm idle speed with the throttle stop and then use the ISV to increase the idle air if needed. Should help with cold running.

This is just a stop gap until I get my DBW (drive by wire) sorted.

Cold running is always going to be fun as most rolling road places don't have a climatic chamber to setup the cold running. So it's a lot of patience, trial and error.

The MS forums and mega manual are a big help with this stuff as they have a great guide to cold running theory.

Glad the DTA is working out Kev, it's a cool piece of kit that's for sure. 8)