Sign in to follow this  
exturbo2003

pollen filters

Standard Knect Mk2 Pollen filter and the housing fits the Corrado.

First time you need the kit with the new housing, then after that you just need the repacement pollen filter.

Kit prefix: LAG19

Filter prefix: LA19

Check the part numbers though first, just in case I have got them wrong....

John.

UPDATE:

Well - Europarts, GSF and GPC don't sell them (even the Europarts list the part)

I have found a filter from Mann and Huemmel - £5.25

BUT I can't find a soul who lists the housing! Apparently the housing from the Jetta/Golf 2 and the Seat Toledo is the correct one.

I guess the scrappies is the only soultion unless anyone else knows otherwise?.....

Nick

You need to find someone who actually stocks KNECHT filters. Nicj you should have some email leads by now. Give them a shout especailly Hans motors.

john

A Pollen filter cleans the air coming into the car, and into the heater vents. We supply them at work( made by Coopers, who r the same as Mann and Fram ), I'll check to see if we have and what price. :D

The actual filter is not the problem Billy, it's the hosing that they go in as a retrofit to the Mk2/Corrado/Jetta2/Toledo

If you could have a look anyway that would be good.

john.

Just to let everyone know that my quest came to an end. I was trying desperately to find a MK2 housing but Knecht definitely no longer make them :(

Then one supplier told me that I could use the pollen filter and housing from a mk3 golf.

What the hell - I ordered a complete kit from the stealer £22, and attempted to fit it! NIGHTMARE! Got it in in the end! I had to remove the ECU to be able to manouvre the pollen filter housing in. IT IS HUGE!!!

Anyway - all in and I am now a happy bunny. The only thing that I am disappointed about is the plastic water tray that covered the old leaf mesh. It is not moulded to the shape of the new filter housing - it obviously fits the MUCH smaller leaf guard.

Anyone know if we can use a water cover (not sure of the name of it!) from another VW - ie - MK3 Golf?? It has always seemed funny to me that all on the C is on display - ie windscreen wiper motor.

Any ideas?

some people have made them. could do it in fiberglass.. there isnt any OE cover that fits the C, no.. too bad isnt it.

am i thinking the same...it is the cover that covers the top of the engine area...at the bottom of the windscreen??

Did the scirocco have it? i'll have to check.

I was told golf mk2's had the cover...but no leaves can get into the c's engine cos of the rubber strip on the top of the bonnet.

hmm...can you cut your own one out of a sheet of plastic? maybe somewhere like wickes will have it...or could do it out of perspex and spray it black.

Anyone got a pic??

Hi mate

The parts for the MK3 conversion are:

1HO 819648A (Upper frame)

1JO819624 (Filter element)

1H2 819640A (Filter housing)

1HO 819165 (gasket)

I will be honest it was SUCH a pain in the neck to fit that I don't wholly recommend but it does seem that we have no other choice as the Mk2 housing is now obsolete!

Also the problem with the water cover not fitting cleanly is another reason to not rush to do it. That said it does it's job when its in...

I will see if I can get the Mk3 water cover to fit now - off to the scrappies...

pollen_filter.jpg

Cheers

Nick

I dont recommend driving without the water cover. When I had my 16v it had a crack in it and the water went into the car, flooding the passenger side and destroying the abs control unit that is situated there.

I wasn't going to not cover it - I only took it off to show the pics. Anyway... I took the MK3 filter off because I couldnt get a water cover to go over it. Dont bother with the MK3 kit I was mislead by a filter distributor on this one...

Try and get the MK2 aftermarket housing if poss, even better - do what I ended up doing and buy a MK3 filter panel and fit it INSIDE the leaf mesh that's already on the C. The Mk3 panel is so big that you end up getting 2 whole filters for the C> just cut to size and fit! Perfect, oh and the filter is readily available for the Mk3 - £5 so therefore £2.50 each on the C! :D ...