Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

Mystical, Fabled 6-speed Gearbox

If you want any sympathy from the 'forum', create a proper for sale thread.

Otherwise, trying to invite offers through one of these 'what's it worth' threads is just bound to incite criticism.

All IMHO.

I didn't ask for sympathy though mate.

I asked if anyone knew what the gearbox is worth and so far not a single person has offered any opinion/information to that end.

Although, usefully I have a list as long as my arm about what it wont fit/what's wrong with it/what my character flaws are and a picture of some ham (looks lovely by the way)...

Before someone posts saying "it's worth what someone'll pay for it", yes i know that, I'm just interested to know in what applications someone might need one/find value in it.

I know of a delivery mileage one that went for £400, but that was including lots of the associated bits as well.

The shifter is different, and notwithstanding what others have posted above about problems, there is also the issue of the casing not having the holes to mount an 02A type mount to it - it is mounting via the chassis leg on a MK5, so there is no holes for the bracket to mount to

Thanks guys;

BigTartanJudge, good info cheers.

BILLCOR,

mmm, tasty - and a bargain!

ChrisP,

I have the shifter too, so that would help - I wonder if mounting to the chassis leg is an option on the C....

Also, minus mounting issues, what are the applications for it? Would it fit on a V6/ R32? or a 1.8T? The Mk5 Has a dual mass flywheel but I'm not sure how this affects engine/box mating.