Sign in to follow this  
fazgti

JUST A QUICK ONE

Running the standard 16v brake setup, want more stopping power but dont wont to spend the earth, so what do people reckon, i dont spose i can use vr6/TT disks etc beacuse of the four stud hubs on my c....

G60 is prob the easiest 280mm instead of 256mm i think, you will need calipers, carriers, hubs, discs and pads you should prob get goodridge hoses too (60quid)

prob get a set of G60`s for 50-100quid

or brembo of a seat but theyre lotta wedge

or S2 twin pots from darren

therell be lots in the drivetrain section and the search about this

i sense a lockaroo coming

Dunno if it helps or if they are any use, but I'll have a late VR (93) brake set up for sale in about a week or so. All in working order in Swindon area.

PM me if its any use or check out the For Sale Section.

Cheers lads, yea scott let me know when your selling them and well talk more, it helps that your waiting a while....gives me time to save some more money, ij ust had a thought and dont think the l8 gear is what i need, cheers tho

Well i recently got a set of 280mm brakes from a mk3 gti, you just need the carriers and calipers to fit onto 16v. If your really lucky like i was you'll get some from a pre 95 which have the screw fit for the hose instead of the banjo type which means you can use the original hoses too. Mine came from the scrap yard for £20 each! But you'll need to use corrado g60 discs and pads, you can get away with 16 pads but they may need a mil or so grinding off them.

Right ive been looking around and am i right in thinking that i can use the 280m disks off the g60 and i need the carriers and calipers off one two, does this seem right, anything else, o yea iv got a K-reg 2L 16v with a 20vt lump

ive never been a brakes man