Sign in to follow this  
stevie_f_2004

DIY....is it Cheaper

Is it me or is it a case when doing jobs on the C that you end up spending near enough the same cost on new tools as the dealer would charge for doing the job is the first place????

At the weekend bought new small sized socket set (don't know the technical term for the size but goes upto 10mm/36mm 1/4inch drive deep socket/Snap-on socket driver screw driver handle thingy for taking the new sized small sockets complete with two additional extensions......used it once now can't find it!!!! All to change the sump and gasket!!!!!!Although I did get to use my brand new trolley jack and axle stands that I bought previously just in case a job like this came up :!:

True, the initial cost can be high, but the whole life cost can justify it. Best advice I was given was buy a complete cheap set & then replace bits as and when they break. That is of course no good if it breaks at a crucial point when no-where's open :lol: