Sign in to follow this  
greengti

power steering pipes

Hello All

My Corrado is losing power steering fluid so I called up my friendly local VW dealership and got the price for new pipes, to my amazement these pipes are between £50 and £100+ depending on which pipe is required….. So I got on to GSF who I found do not actually sell them..

Do I have any options (other sellers of these pipes) available to me or is it a case of gritting my teeth walkin in to VW and asking them to be gentle with me???

Any help would be very much appreciated as it needs fixing but I would rather not have to spend that kind of cash..

Cheers

Adam

car model?

if it's for a 16v C, then Passat pipes and hoses fit (8v or 16v passat).

Ring one of the VW breakers (back of a VW mag) or try to find a breaking passat locally.

is it a particular year passat? or will anyone do?

any passat (1988-92) or mk2 golf should be OK for the pressure hose (pump to rack) the return hoses depend on the year of car as the reservoir moved position around 1992 (both corrados and passats) to a small round one in front of the battery, so it depends which bits you need, it's usually the pressure hose that goes though.