Sign in to follow this  
Dan_NI

Advice

Hey Fella's

Checked out your Forum y'day seems pretty cool now. Just need a bit of advice on a price.

A trader near me is looking £3500 for a 94 VR6 corrado with 130,000 documented miles and a FSH its pretty standard except a Cobra alarm?

Cloth Interior as well.

What sort of work should have been carried out on the engine with this many miles?

Cheers Dan

Timing Chains.

not a bad dealer price though, I assume the condition is good?

have a look on here for similar models/prices.

mines done 135k and the chains are fine

Cheers

Seems to be haven't viewed it yet thougth

Its on the autotrader website. Not sure how to link to it?

It's in Northern Ireland

My old man's a mechanic so gonna bring him with me

Any ideas on the running costs?

haha, well that all depends on the personality of that particular car ;)

i've owned mine for 5 years, and have had very little go wrong with him mechanically wise. A couple of coolant hoses, HT leads, nothing major.

/touch wood (no, don't be rude!)

Make sure when they start the car its from cold, and you'll hear the chains if they are on their way out.

Read the buyers guide on here (clicky).

running costs petrol wise, depending on roads, usually around 30mpg, then monster tax for the engine size :)

i recently(as in last week) bought a 94L VR with 148k in rude health(service history til 2001/106k miles but obviously well looked after) and with Beige leather for well well under £3k last week from a used car dealer...........only 4 previous owners too......£3+K seems a bit pricey given its miles lack of leather IMHO

Town driving expect 24 mpg, and in extreme cases as low as 18. Insurance is the killer though. Since you're under 25 check that you can even get insurance on a group 18 car at all...

Thanks for the link Numpty Dumpty

Seems like you got a bargain

Dying to get my hands on a VR would consider trying to fix one up

I'm living in Northern Ireland they don't come up for sale to often here.

Thanks for the link Numpty Dumpty

Seems like you got a bargain

Dying to get my hands on a VR would consider trying to fix one up

I'm living in Northern Ireland they don't come up for sale to often here.

there's a very cheap rare colour VR in the for sale section........and its got black leather,higher miles than the £3.5k one but its under £2k and has had a new engine fitted at a VW dealer this decade :wink: be worthwhile traveling for IMHO

Gonna try and get onto my fathers traders insurance and see if that will work

Do you know if anyones worked it this way before?

cheating yourself there tbh.......if you can't afford the insurance then its not the ideal car for you..........again all IMHO

Rodders has been known to speak the trust!

I would check the insurance first, before commiting to a sale, as you don't wanna have a car you can't drive sat around.

that does sound like a bargain you got there Rodders, and I agree, the one in the for sale section would be worth travelling for

cheating yourself there tbh.......if you can't afford the insurance then its not the ideal car for you..........again all IMHO

Agreed, my mate did this and has just gone his own insurance this year and is paying well over £1300 for a standard MR2 in a decent area. He is 24 years old.

I always did my insurance and now even on performance modifyed cars in a bad area I pay no more £700 fully comp.

i recently(as in last week) bought a 94L VR with 148k in rude health(service history til 2001/106k miles but obviously well looked after) and with Beige leather for well well under £3k last week

Why cant I find these deals :roll:

You are all makin sense gonna make a few calls and stop dreamin for now

Does anyone kown the insurance group on the 2L 16v off hand?

i recently(as in last week) bought a 94L VR with 148k in rude health(service history til 2001/106k miles but obviously well looked after) and with Beige leather for well well under £3k last week

Why cant I find these deals :roll:

it was actually in Autotrader and had been for sale for ages too.............also had these seats with the word RECARO on them too...........HPi clear too

Correction i just looked on the knowledge base and it turns out the 1.8 16v is faster than the 2.0 16v and is a cheaper insurance group ... i think thats solved your problem mate - get a 1.8 16v :lol:

Rob.

Cheers mate :D i couldnt actually get insured with most companies or it was stupid money, but The AA insured me straight away at that price so i was well chuffed and like it said its definately worth it!!! Oh and thats with only 1 year NCB not bad hey :wink:

Checked out Quinn Direct last night i've four years as a named driver online the quote i got was 1200 fully comp or 800 for third party fire and theft. think i'll go for third party.

Viewing a VR6 on sat see how i get on. Its 130 000 miles though but owner supposed to have loads of history!

130k is fine for a VR6 as long as its been regularly serviced. Mines done that and runs sweet as a nut :D good luck finding one :)

Rob.