Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Suspension for

what decent makes are availiable for the VR6 at this kinda price.

I don't want FK before anyone suggests them, i found koni yellow too firm and very harsh on my last car

tbh i only really fancy lowering car by as little as 10-15mm

i know theres a big thread about suspensions up the top but its 9 pages long ffs, sod reading thru all that :lol:

You lazy fecker! So you go and start another [potentially] massive thread because you can't be arsed to read :lol:

As much as you don't like the FK (or so you assume), I really do rate the FK Konigsports on the VR for ride quality and handling actually. They're perhaps a little too bouncy on the limit of travel for my tastes but otherwise they're good.

£600 is £100 shy of the excellent H&R coilovers (or Bilstein PSS, same thing).

KW Variant 2's are nice by all accounts and also the Weitecs. Neither of which I have experience of but MANY folk like them.

For £150 more you can have a 2 way (bump and rebound) base adjustable GAZ kit with progressive springs, coarse threaded damper bodies for faster height adjustment, nickel plated for corrosion resistance and Mild 275 lb/in front springs with 210 lb/in rear springs. It's the softest kit I've gone for, ever, but I'm hoping it will work in combo with the B&R adjustment. I'll let you know when I've tested it.

Other kits have the same features but as with everything in life, you get what you pay for ;-)

what i think the forum needs is a condensed version of all these stickys? that are more useful than what each person thinks of what they have bought, you tend to get biased views.

i've seen quite a lot of cases of FK stuff breaking and not lasting very long, maybe thats just their cheaper kits.

where would you buy your bits from, is there a recommended place that does most bits?

I've been a vauxhall man in the past, never had a VW so don't really who are the people to buy from