Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

heater motor help?

rite i finaly got round to changing the resistor in the heater motor that controls the fan speed (at it only worked on 4), but forgot to mark down witch way round the conector went on? anyone know whitch conector the brown wire should be with and witch conector the red wire should be with? any help greatfully reseved

Red is live to connects to the spade that the fuse is on (and insulated from holder)

Brown is earth so connects to the other that also is in direct contact with the metal holder.

Make sure the fuse is not going to touch the -ve pin otherwise it will short again. Always a good idea to check the new fuse with a meter as it is easy to blow with the solder iron!

Does anyone know where I can get a new one of these, Mine is now only working on 3 and 4, and having worked out it is only a 5 min fix, I would quite like a new one. Do GSF or VAG still sell them?

you are kidding?

How cool is that.

Slightly less cool if you fix it Rog as you can select 1 or 2 then.. ;)

Don't forget that despite the heater control knobs all having the same part number one of them has an extra cut out on it, thats the one that should be fitted to the heater speed selector.