Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Fitting '16v' badge to FK debadged grille?

Stupid question.. I searched but..

I have an FK badgeless grille and just got a 16v grille badge. I've tried to fit it as per the original but the fittings seem to be a little different. Has anyone else had success in fitting their engine type badge to an FK grille?

Ta.

Yeah - I guess it must be doable as i've seen lots of cars with FK grilles and the badge on... but if I look at the grille there is only one clip cut out / hole thingy where I think there is meant to be two... just cant seem to get it to sit on there at all.

Jim, pretty sure my OEM grille just has one cut-out too. Make sure you've got the grille off the car as it's fiddly in situ.

Thought you were getting a standard grille?

Its got a 535 part number on it so its deffo off a Rado.

Anywho.. i've just clipped it on (pulled the grille off first) and have managed to get it to sit in such a way that it doesnt seem like its going to come off in a hurry.. but then with the roads around here being as they are, one good bash into a rut or something will probably send it catapulting off into a hedge at the side of the road! Guess i'll have to wait and see!

Thought you were getting a standard grille?

Well I was gonna but the more I looked at it the more I liked it so decided to keep it! :)

Think the FK grille really suits your car, Jim, especially with the eyebrow. Pic with the badge fitted? Am thinking of going down the same route :wink:

Actually removed the eyebrow a few weeks back mate but thinking it needs to go back on now again. Will try get some piccies on the weekend for ya bud :)

Jim,

Just fitted mine to an FK grill. My Grill was missing two small nubs that are on the OE grill and keep the badge in position at its bottom. The nubs just seem to stop the badge from sliding back in towards the engine side of the grill and make the clips sit in place securely.

There is only supposed to be one cutout. So what I did:

Araldite Rapid on the on the top of the badge where it sits against the top supports and on the retaining clips at the back. Folded cardboard wedged in between clips and grill to keep in position for an hour.

Result: perfect, badge not goin anywhere. looks great too!

A lot harder to explain, but its only a 2 minute job really.

Yeah it is a bit of a fiddly job mate but I managed to do mine in situ... don't know how long it'll stay on but am planning to get the grill off and glue it in position!

I think the standard grill only has one cut out as said and also one of the mounting tabs is slightly longer on the badge which suggests that this is right... will see if I can get any clearer pics for you once it's light 8)