Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Bloody rip off traders rant!!

:mad: As some of you know I have been lurking for a new corrado (of the VR6 varient) for a few months now.

I have missed out on a few due to just bad luck which I can accept (one car even to a forum member :p :lol: )

BUT I missed out on one car by a matter of a day. It looked like a really nice car, 87000 miles, ice violet grey etc. I was a bit pee'd at missing it but I accpeted it and moved on.

Anyway the guy emailed me tonight to tell me that he sold it to a dealer and its up for sale if I was interested, but he did warn that it had been hiked up slightly in price. I saw the link and it had volkscar in the URL so I feared the worst. Guess what it was up at over £1800 more than the dealer paid for it!! :shock:

I know dealers make their money by adding a bit to what they paid for it and I had heard that Volkscars was bad for it but this is a joke!

For me its the same as people buying 100's of tickets for a festival and then selling them at inflated prices. Its just a way of screwing people out of money. :cry:

And i know people will say 'well thats life' and to a certain degree I agree, but volkscar just take the mick. I just needed to vent. I just feel sorry for the person who buys this.

In the mean time I am without a car and on the search harder.

Rant over

This kind of thing sucks.

I've been after Kasabian tickets for a couple of weeks and have finally got them for Amsterdam!! Not ripping me off as much as UK egay cowboys.

Son of a Beesting, hate to say it.. but thats life. :) I work in a main dealer and deal with traders on a daily basis. Its not a way of screwing people out of money, people have a choice of where to buy a car.

okay, the £1800 margin may sem big now, however the trader has potential costs including MOT's, wheel refurbs, paintwork, guarantees, disks/pads etc to factor in. they also expect to take a knock on the screen price and have to give 17.5% away. by the time running costs of the place & staff commisions etc are factored in theres not a huge amount left.

Im not saying its not a pain to see a cheap car get sold in the trade, but business is business. :(

im sure the right car will come along for you.