Sign in to follow this  
mr_fusion

Which direction of oil flow into Oil Cooler (VR6)

Hi Guys

Going to finally fit my Mocal Kit this weekend, however I have an inline thermostat and I need to know which direction the oil comes out of the block into the heat exchanger.

Does it come out of the central threaded hole up into the hollow pipe or does it come out of the other hole and directly into the heat exchanger (then back into the hollow pipe to go back into the block)

The instructions for the thermostat say to disconnect the HT lead and turn the engine over with the heat exchanger off to see which hole the oil comes from, but this seems a bit impractical and messy if someone already knows!

Cheers

The oil comes out of the central threaded pole and into the heat exchanger.

But the Mocal just comes with a sandwich plate anyway, which you shove on top of the OE one? It's a peice of cake, or should be at least.

Not mine.

I bought the thermostat seperately afterwards and it sits in line with the oil lines (after the sandwich plate, before the rad)

I got the custom cover plate from Vince, so I am now able to fit the sandwich plate and the OE heat exchanger.

Obviously easier with built in stat, I just like giving myself these small challenges.

Cheers Kev!