Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Chipsaway prices?

Does anyone have any idea how much chipsaway generally charge? I've asked em for a quote, but they've not got back to me yet.

Just some general stone chips etc that I want fixed.

Don't know how true it is, but a guy I work with claimed the spot repairs he had to his car faded and lost there shine after about 2-3 years. No protective laquer I guess. Might be total lbolox, but worth checking out!

Far too expensive for what you get. I used them once.

Try a competitor, I would suggest.

You can then let us know how they compare!

yeah, thanks for that......Google can find em, but i was wondering if anyone could actually suggest anyone, hence

Can anyone suggest anyone?
Sorry if I sound a bit funny there, but it just annoys me when people just say "use Google". Anyone can use google, I use it god knows how many times a day to help me at work, but when it comes to getting recommendations, I find that Google doesn't really help out that much! Thats why Forums are a fanatastic invention, so people can ask questions and get answers.

swfblade wrote

it just annoys me when people just say "use Google".

Sorry for trying to help in the way I saw fit. I'll get me coat.

You did not ask for "recommendations" - you said "Can anyone suggest anyone?".

Anyone can use google

We get people on here who will not/cannot use google or search, properly.

craigowl, as I say, I'm sorry if that came accross all "funny". I just figured that by me asking if anyone could suggest anyone, I figured that surely that is a way for asking for recommendations? Seams like we just got our wires crossed here! :wink:

But this thread is a classic example of where non-verbal communications can really hamper what someone wants to know. I first asked if anyone had a rough idea of costing from chipsaway. Answers: None.

But I dont mind that, as I have learnt that maybe chipsaway are not the best people to use.

So I ask if anyone can suggest a competitor to me. By that I ment "Recommend". I garuntee that if we were speaking face to face, you would have known what I ment! anyway......Answers: Google, or paint it myself. :?

Google's good if you know what you are looking for, but seeing as I dont know any of their competitors, I dont see how google will help me this time. I have tried searching for various things on google, but all i get are bodyshops.

I would do it myself, but a; I dont have the time at the moment and b; I also need some small dings/dents sorting and wouldnt really know where to start with them, but thanks for the suggestion tho. I may try that on the bonnet, if I get the chance.

for dings and dents we use a company called - unsurprisingly - 'dings & dents' :lol:

there are plenty of these type around and most should be worth using.

I got a quote from Chipsaway about a year ago and they were quite reasonable, can't remember the exact quote but it was £100 or so which was for quite a few chips and a massive key scratch down one side.

I didn't use them though because when I looked at the form afterwards they had my car down as a Toyota Corolla, even though the woman filling in the form was standing at the back of my car at the time. :roll:

and sorry but I don't know of any alternatives.

I paid £120 for a few chips and a bumper blemish - which returned.

On google, using "auto paint repairs" I came up with several leads including

smart solutions

trimline

flying colours

oops ltd

profinish

etc.

I am certain you will get something better than Chipsaway. But maybe I was unlucky. People on here recommend firms and others come on and say they would not go near them and vice versa. :roll:

No hard feelings swfblade. Good luck.