Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

door handle help???

my drivers side door handle has broken and apparently i need a whole new handle, does anyone know where i can get one (apparently i need one with sensors, not sure what for though) and how hard they are to fit?? garage quoted me £150... :( would rather do it myself if i can!!

Have a search on this as there is loads of info.

Forgotten the guys name but theres a fell on here does a repair kit, itll come up in the search.

Dont pay 150 notes, even if you buy a new handle its a straight forward transplant you can do yourself.

Mate thats a LOT of money!!!

There about 60 quid i think new, and about an hour tops to fit, but someone on here sells kits to repair them at half the cost, and they wont break ever again!!

Do a search and im sure you will find the fella that makes the repair kits!!

Andy

Assuming its the usual door handle failure,

Get in touch with Dave16v who makes and sells repair kits £14 IIRC.

£150 for a door handle??? what was is, solid gold or something??

all you need to do to remove it is undo the screw just above the door mechanism, slide the handle forward and pull it out. If you need to completly remove it then take off the door card, peel back the plastic covering and disconnect the wires.

Any questions just shout!

i know, the garage said it would be about £80 for the handle plus vat and then labour..i was like..what?? i will no doubt mess it up so will be in touch but thanks very much for the advice, will get in touch with dave!!

Would recommend daves16v door handle kit! Have just performed the same repair today and had it done in twenty minutes start to finish! The trickiest bit was working out that the first bolt that you need to undo on the end of the door and holds the handle in is actually a reverse thread and has to be undone clockwise!

Good luck!

pbradley98, i may well have to get in touch with u when it arrives if i get stuck but really pleased to know it only took 20 mins!!

thanks dave..will do, have u sent it? did the money arrive ok?

Posted today so you should see it tomorrow.