Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

5th Gear tonight - I'm on it!

Well I tell a lie, I'm not on it but the company I work for is.. MBW.. Mercedes-Benz World, I've been there for just over 2 weeks and on my first week I had to assist 5th gear for the filming of the new ML AMG around our tracks... check it out.. you'll prob see a bit of the amazing building that I'm very lucky to be working in..

Let me know what you think!

Ben

It was feckin cool, what is it you do there?????? got any jobs going?????? get your rado sidewayz round that roundabout and get the vid up on here

I saw it too.

What a fab building and contents were not too bad either !

Probably would be quite an interesting day out - to the Musuem aspect, let alone to take something out on the track - dependant on times allowed - might actually be a cheap way to have a bit of track time experience.

So come on Ben - what do you do there - apart from showing Camera Crew around?

Hey all..

Sorry for the delay.. I can't access the forum at work, one down side, but I'm back home now :)

I work as a media and marketing manager there. Basically I look after all the AV gear, compile content for the plasma's and look after the driving experience DVD's for the media side of the job.. thats prob 40% of my day. Then I do 60% marketing. Small team of 4 and we basically do everything to market the place. Just starting a massive project, which will be an event of some sort in June, can't really say any more than that for the time being.

Amazing job, very lucky to land such a position and although I'm only 3 weeks in I can see myself being there for a while to come :) Even though I'm still a dub head at heart, I suppose they are still german cars so its all good :)

I'm driving a C55 AMG tomorrow around the tracks. Looking forward to that so much. Wonder how it will feel performance wise to the corrado ?

Anyway I'm going to try and get a discount for you guys for the driving experiences, will let you know.. need to schmoooze with a few people to make that happen. We are in the process of trying to get SLR rides around the track - would this interest people, for say 20 to 30 quid for a quick blast in one of the fastest production cars in the world? (please let me know as its my idea!?)

Anyway will let you guys know how a C55 AMG feels going sideways!! :)

Ben

One of my mates is a Merc sales manager and I am going soon for the day as a big spender. Apparantly he gets a budget for customers.

Hope to see you there.

It'll be interesting to see if you can get the AMG sideways, because I thought that even the AMGs have a nannying Traction control & stability control fitted to prevent exactly that kinda stuff.

Oh well, there's always the handbrake I suppose :thumb right:

yeah it is a pretty awesome job! very lucky!

pkripper,

let me know mate.. i'll try and be around.. do you know when your coming down?

Will let you know, cheers ben.