Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

vr6 storm question

you know on cars like the clio williams and i think the civic type r they were given a number when they were built are storms the same do they have a number somewhere on the car??

And are all storms supposed to have the storm badge on the interior or did some still have the karman interior badge??

There is no number, shame as it would have been nice.

Thye should have a storm badge on the console. These were supplied to the dealer for them to fit after removing the Karman badge. Reckon there will be a few out there with it missing.

good cos my future car aint got one just karman are they easy to remove the badges so i can put a storm badge on??

Typical dealers cant be arsed!!

If its mysic blue then its a storm, nobody can argue with you on that.

Youll have a job finding a genuine one, there are aftermaket ones which look the same.

As with any badge, just heat it up and itll come off.

Make sure it is mystic blue check out the paint code, to most people mystic blue is just another blue and unless you have seen one its hard to know it, if that makes sense........... The storm is easy to fake, id be asking why it has no storm badge in on the gear gator, if i was buying it from new i would have made sure it was on there!

cant see someone going through that much trouble to get it to look like a storm its got the rear badge and the colour coded grille aswell

cant see someone going through that much trouble to get it to look like a storm its got the rear badge and the colour coded grille aswell

well they do command a (not so) small premium over a same spec "std" VR,the grille csts £23+VAT so its hardly a wallet-breaking exercise to replicate,the badges can be found now and again on Ebay so really you need to be doing the following

making sure it is

Mystic Blue by checking the paint code in the boot

phoning VW customer services with the reg no and asking them to confirm that it is a genuine one,they'll even do you a letter if you ask them nicely.......cos for some bizarre reason in the logbook its a plain old Corrado VR6 :roll:

as for VW customer service try google

Or, radically enough, the VW website .. !

now that would be just too easy :lol:

When i phoned VW they confirmed it over the phone and sent me a nice letter of confirmation.

Essential to do this, especially for us guys with green ones!!

Contact VW HQ (UK) in Milton Keyes on 01908 679121, ask for customer service dept. and they will be able to confirm if it's a storm or not (although the local VW main dealer should be able to do this as well with the chassis number),

Cheers and HTH

I went into Smith Knight Fay in Stockport the other day for few bits and the system there flagged my car as a Storm just from the registration number, so it should be fairly straightforward. I just liked Mystic Blue as a colour, but it was kind of reassuring to see that it is what it's supposed to be, I suppose :-)