Sign in to follow this  
munkay

Got my G60 :D

Went to see the car again today and had a good look round.

Car is absolutely spot on...I can see it being kept for a long time :)

I'll get some pics up when next week as the guy I bought from has set it up really nicely.

I was pretty amazed by the handling and more so the speed compared to the 8v gti :) Was told it wasn't FSH but the car has 100k and history goes up to when he bought it around 87k from which point there is a mass of repairs he has chosen to do worth a lot of money.

He had a full s/s decat system put on late in 2002 and has a rolling road print out from december showing 163bhp at the wheels 8)

Only one thing was really wrong and that was the oil temp doesnt register on the MFA altho he has told me what it is and shouldnt be hard to fix.

Have given it a good 2-3 hours of driving and can not see or hear anything untoward so I am pretty chuffed :) Guy even said that if I have any problems or anything to give him a phone..top bloke.

(And cheers for your advice vr6storm....will meet up next week to let you see the car ;) )

Has it had the supercharger overhauled / rebuilt? Should have been done quite a while ago (70k roughly) to keep it from packing up and leaving you with a nasty bill.

Other than that.. congratulations and welcome to the wonderful & expensive world of Corrado ownership.

Count how many times you park your car up, and walk away only after having stopped once or twice to admire it! I *still* do this even after a year when the car is all washed and shiny :)

Hehe...yeah already done the walking away thing a few times.

Am not sure aboutt he charger being doen...it has VAG/German history but I/he was not sure if it had been done. He has had it checked over tho and said it was in good nick and strong. I have budgeted to have it done soon anyway ;) The belts etc have all been done fairly recently anyways and there was no oil kicking about.

It's bloody loud tho...induction kit and 5" round exhaust...looks nice but it scares children

Gotta love the spoiler :)

163bhp sounds like a lot at the wheels to me, I dont know much about g60's but arent they like 167bhp standard?

This suggests to me it has more than an ss exaust in mods, probably the smaller pulley or something which would probably mean the charger has been rebuilt at some point.

it has induction kit...s/s exhaust with cat removed and thats it as far as I am aware.

I will have another read throught the history later. He went through it all bit by bit with me which was handy. He obviously had a fair bit of cash so he hadnt spared expense on it :)

Went to see the car again today and had a good look round.

Car is absolutely spot on...I can see it being kept for a long time :)

I'll get some pics up when next week as the guy I bought from has set it up really nicely.

I was pretty amazed by the handling and more so the speed compared to the 8v gti :) Was told it wasn't FSH but the car has 100k and history goes up to when he bought it around 87k from which point there is a mass of repairs he has chosen to do worth a lot of money.

He had a full s/s decat system put on late in 2002 and has a rolling road print out from december showing 163bhp at the wheels 8)

Only one thing was really wrong and that was the oil temp doesnt register on the MFA altho he has told me what it is and shouldnt be hard to fix.

Have given it a good 2-3 hours of driving and can not see or hear anything untoward so I am pretty chuffed :) Guy even said that if I have any problems or anything to give him a phone..top bloke.

(And cheers for your advice vr6storm....will meet up next week to let you see the car ;) )

no problem....so how much did you get it for?.........also if its got 163 at the wheels then its most likely been chipped and pulleyed as with transmission losses that equates to almost 200bhp :shock: :wink: 8) :evil:..are you sure thats not the power at the flywheel??

ah just found the sheet....it says 138 bhp at the wheels = 162 bhp at the wheels.

must mean flywheel in the second one then.

still sounds good.

Got it for 2300 which I reckon was really good.

He has had new clutch/distributor/suspension/brakes...wheels..exhaust...bearings...cv's...electric checks...etc.. etc... all within 10 months done at Hawco and decent VAG places :)

ah just found the sheet....it says 138 bhp at the wheels = 162 bhp at the wheels.

must mean flywheel in the second one then.

still sounds good.

Got it for 2300 which I reckon was really good.

He has had new clutch/distributor/suspension/brakes...wheels..exhaust...bearings...cv's...electric checks...etc.. etc... all within 10 months done at Hawco and decent VAG places :)

you stole it then :wink:

It actually made me wary at first because of how much he sold it to me for. I think he was glad to see it go to someone into VW's...unless of course its gonna go horendously wrong next week ;)

I shouldn't joke :shock: :)

It actually made me wary at first because of how much he sold it to me for. I think he was glad to see it go to someone into VW's...unless of course its gonna go horendously wrong next week ;)

I shouldn't joke :shock: :)

touch lots of wood now :wink: :lol:

hehe yeah fingers crossed :)

I just noticed it has a new Ecu unit at 300 quid from early last year

just how jammie can you get!!!! :wink:

I take all the history along with next week when I show you the car ;)

You can have a good look about.

Is the oil temp mfa reading not working a common thing? The coolant temp etc seems fine

I take all the history along with next week when I show you the car ;)

You can have a good look about.

Is the oil temp mfa reading not working a common thing? The coolant temp etc seems fine

i think its as simple as a loose wire.....on the vr the oil temp wire is just above the oil filter housing.....don't know about the g-60's one though...best pm one of the g-60 boys....g60jet etc

and look forward to meeting up....just give me a bell or e-mail

btw did you sort out the wee insurance issue????