Sign in to follow this  
Paul1982

Looking For my First Rado

Hi all - this is my First post here :)

Right guess i have been through a good few cars in the last few years (MK3 Vr6/M3 Evo/Lotus Elise 160/Ford Racing Puma) and i'm in the middle of selling my Puma right now. :wink:

Reason for selling is because i am missing the sound of my Golf.... I had a VR6 Highline spec with full stainless exhaust and the engine note was out of this world - all other cars since just dont do it for me. :lol:

So not really wanting 2go back 2th Golf i want to step up to the Corrado. :twisted:

I'm looking at getting a Corrado VR6 with black leather (mouve or black prefered) Around the 100k or less mark. Need to be in great condition.

Ideal car would be a Euro Still Storm with big dish alloys etc.

Going to have £3k spare after i settle my debts but will stretch a bit more if the right one comes along.

What do you guys think??? :?:

Paul D.

Have a good look through the buying guides on here.

There a loads popping up for sale, go and look at a few and take your pic.

Best of luck and welcome.

I think with about 3k you will be lucky to find that kind of spec car. Not saying you wont but I would be more interested in things like if it was enthuhist (sp) owned etc and what condition the body/engine was in.

You can always add leather, and its easier/cheaper than some of the more expensive engine problems!

£3000 for a Corrado VR6 with black leather 100k or less, in great condition. :shock:

Can you really get one like that for that money these days?!?! :?

What engine problems - my old VR engine was bulletproof - if the car is serviced properly and the water pumps are changed before they go then the headgasket stays strong. The block its self its fantastic!!

Getting leather interior added would cost £600-£1k, so when your looking at the overall cost you may aswel buy one all ready.... Yes £3k is low but i seen a Dragon green one on here was going for £2900 with black leather and 103k. If the colour was different i'd have snapped it up.

So they are out there at the right price's - i'm not knocking some VR's but the people with non-storm VR's who are expecting £5k-£6k for they're car's are dreaming but still expect a sale.

Sh*t i just thought it was a boredout 2.8 lol (guess i just assumed)

That VR Link looks very nice, i no the engine is just under 100k but the rest of the body has covered 170k and this would be showing underneath - The price is brilliant i will agree but if i can get one thats got less wear then i'd pay that bit more. But not saying no just yet lol

Sh*t i just thought it was a boredout 2.8 lol (guess i just assumed)

That VR Link looks very nice, i no the engine is just under 100k but the rest of the body has covered 170k and this would be showing underneath - The price is brilliant i will agree but if i can get one thats got less wear then i'd pay that bit more. But not saying no just yet lol

well it is.............thinner cylinder walls = weaker/more prone to cooling issues

as for the 170k miler,bear in mind that he's covered 50k+ miles in the 3 years of ownership,I'll bet underneath it will be in rude health too

Just looking at RADO.001 profile and this is Just what i am looking for :-) Does anyone know if he would sell lol

rofl :lol:

welcome mate