vwdeviant

The Forced Induction 16V Thread

The PG pistons have the combustion chamber in the pistons (dome - refered to as "depth" in your data?). The 16V and S2 has it in the heads, so there's less dome (depth?)

S2 rods/pistons + engine block with the right bore (stock PG f.ex.) and KR/PL/ABF head is iirc a very successful combo.

The PG pistons have the combustion chamber in the pistons (dome - refered to as "depth" in your data?). The 16V and S2 has it in the heads, so there's less dome (depth?)

S2 rods/pistons + engine block with the right bore (stock PG f.ex.) and KR/PL/ABF head is iirc a very successful combo.

WoW! Thanks WORMY! Quite quick usefull answer!

Maybe you can answer me to another questions (maybe plus some photos):

2. I don't find what kind of distributor I can/have to use because I need a Hall sensor not a Delco (for my PG Digifant1).

3. I don't find what spacers I have to use for Water pump and Steering pump pulleys, or what I need to shave from other pulleys.

4. Something about 16V Secondary shaft and gears?

Theese are some of a kind of bolt-on stuffs? Or there are some mods?

---------- Post added at 7:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:46 PM ----------

1. I don't find what kind of distributor I can/have to use because I need a Hall sensor not a Delco (for my PG Digifant1).

2. I don't find what spacers I have to use for Water pump and Steering pump pulleys, or what I need to shave from other pulleys.

3. Something about 16V Secondary shaft and gears?

1. I don't find what kind of distributor I can/have to use because I need a Hall sensor not a Delco (for my PG Digifant1).

2. I don't find what spacers I have to use for Water pump and Steering pump pulleys, or what I need to shave from other pulleys.

3. Something about 16V Secondary shaft and gears?

No photos available at the moment, sorry.. But I'll try to answer.

I think I'd go for a 16V distributor that fits in the cylinder head - and block of the G60 one that fits in the block.

IIRC (I'm not 100% sure!) you also need a 16V intermediate shaft and 16v oil pump.

For the pulleys - the 16V timing pulleys are wider, so you need spacers - or replace the pulleys/pumps with 16v units. BBM sold the spacers separately before, but I can't find them on their site anymore.

By the time you are done, I think it'd be cheaper and easier to try to source a complete 1.8L KR engine (or PL, but they have lazy camshafts), and just replace the pistons/rods with S2 units - instead of trying to "modify" the PG block to fit the 16V head? Unless you have special reasons for using the PG though.. :-)

From my experience - most PG blocks have bores that are totally out of specc anyway - I've even had piston slap in one engine! They'd need a re-bore, so the S2 pistons won't fit.. :-\

Edited by wormy

Well, I must keep the PG for Auto Registration.

"you also need a 16V intermediate shaft and 16v oil pump." I believe the reason is the larger debit needed for the 16 valve head, isn't it? So, here comes another question: The KR head fits exactly on PG block? Because I do find somewhere on a site (I forgotten where) there are some modifications to be done on the oil channels between head and block: some channel must blocked and other channel must bigger rebored. Which one and what?