Sign in to follow this  
Quiz

Just tell me

Yes evidently this is a dead subject with you guys, but i just picked up my corrado 3 days ago and need some wheel sizes. Unlike you guys we didnt get many over here so i have searched for this car for 6 years. I want to roll her on 18's but the fit might be tight. I dont mind 17's but the 18's look so good. I also have coilovers on order. If i drop the car as intended what are my wheel options. Keep in mind mm doesnt mean squat to me, everything here is in inches. The best i have come up with is 18-8.5 with 215/35-18's. I just need to know if this will work with the car lowered. Ride quality is a deffinent issue so i could use some input. And yes i tried the search and i dont have the hours to sort through all 4706 threads. Thanks for your patience with the new guy.

If ride quality is really an issue then you wanna be leaving it on 15" wheels mate..

Just from reading the forum, not from personal experience, 18" will require arch rolling and will rub like mad at almost all times, not to mention having a ride harder than a diamond racing bike saddle.

I'm not keen on the 18'' look I have to say. The ride quality is definitely going to suck when lowered on 18s; there's no getting away from that!

You'll not get 8.5" wide 18's under the arches without MAJOR modifications in a million years. I have 17"x 8 and have had to roll the arches. You can just squeeze 8.5" 17's under there but it's at a push. biggerbigben has managed 17x8.5 porsche wheels like mine but he has coverted to 4wd and has managed it with a negative camber that lets them squeeze in with rolling the arches also.

Plus as everyone else has said the ride quality (or lack of it) will be terrible!!! Unwritten rule tends to be 16's if you want to keep ride quality and 17's if you can live without it to an extent!

I also checked those links you left. I see what your saying is does look a little clownish and out of proportion. You guys saved me from a big mistake thanks. I just got the windows done and when i get the wheels on i'll post some pics. Thanks again.