Jon_vr6

Re: Corrado storm vr6

Ah, just thought it was a lil steep that quote mate. Looks to be going in the right direction though. U use the car every day??

True. Being in the Manc area doesnt help either i suppose, my sis has to pay out a fair few quid being @ Salford Queys.

Let me know how she does with her examination!!

It FAILED nnnnnnoooooooooo!! :(

See pic for details

Only 4 things Most brake related goes in tuesday to get sorted :D

Yeah could be worse mate i knew it would fail on something anyway corrados just always fail bet 75% of corrados fail every year theres always something that crops up MOT time!!

Id rather it get a good check over though than a half arsed one. Anyway im glad when things get replaced more things not to replace in future

Tester commented that the underneath is very tidy so i had that to smile about

Cars back in my hands and that replacement rear pipe has worked wonders as my handbrake works really well!!

Its on the road for another year!!

Its been off and on for a week now. The abs kicks in at slow speeds for no reason atall and the light goes on for a few seconds then goes off. While this is happening you can hear an electrical buzz in the car! eventually the light stays on and you get none of the electrical buzz noise and no abs kicking in! Had the wheels off yesterday to see if i could see anything wrong with the abs sensors but couldnt see much! What can it be ? And is there anyway i can disconnect the abs so the light stays on permanantly just until i can get it into a garage after new year?

Cheers

Jon

If you want to switch the ABS off permanantly, unplug a connection on the top of a strut tower, or remove the fuses, or unplug the ABS ECU. The issue could be a bent ABS rotor, or it could be a knackered ABS ECU. As Kip says, get it plugged in to VAG Com.

It's probably not the best advice to be giving to unplug the ABS, especially with damp slippy roads around.

So just unplugging a abs sensor eg. a front abs sensor should stop it kicking in? ?

I know its unsafe but atm just till january!

Found it undid the plug on top of a front strut and abs light is on permanantly thanks toad should get me through till january!

Found it undid the plug on top of a front strut and abs light is on permanantly thanks toad should get me through till january!

Just don't run anyone over, or I'll feel bad!

Just to put everyones mind at rest especially Toad car is going to psi on saturday so they can start work on it first thing on monday 5th Jan! Getting abs sorted, 2nd gear is a bit hard to get in gear sometimes so they will have a look at that and its getting a full service. May also see if they can replace my leaky sump and while thats off put my new wishbones on!

Right all sorted now Full vw 20k service done with inspection, Off side front and off side rear abs sensor replaced, pick up ring, wishbones replaced and sump gasket replaced! Is as it should be now drives fantastic :D :D

I plan to mate. Not looked into any particular ones yet but will do soo. Defo be off to the ones nearby..... well thats if I dont move to Jordan in March :ignore: