Jon_vr6

Re: Corrado storm vr6

Picked up the car today and im addicted 245 mile journey back from essex and i enjoyed every minute of it what a machine!

And the looks you get from people is class!!

Will post some pics when i clean her up shes dirty!

Edited by Jon_vr6

oh yeah the foot down noise funny the way the petrol guage goes down when you put you foot down or should i cry!! lol

without a doubt mate , the k&n are a bit to raw and annoying after a while

they arent cheap though , i think the nearest for you would be awsomegti

when shes clean definately rather than me taking a car for a ride the car takes me for one!

Sounds like a muscle car at traffic lights!

Everything is so smooth and refined!

Definately needs wax whats the best one at the minute ive got autoglym but is there any top rated wax for it??

Heres one pic waxed once it sucked it up straight away having not bin waxed in ages and then it rained yesterday that was!

DSC07436.jpg

Edited by Jon_vr6

Looking nice there mate, good to hear that you are happy with it.

I strongly recommend you get in touch with Riley on here about the Carnauba (spelling??) group buy.

20 quid gets you the polish, cloths and applicator pads and its good stuff.

Otherwise i use autoglymn gear on mine, i prefer the polish that comes with the black label rather than the one with the red label.

Ever used any t-cut colour on mystic blue any one. As i had a blue car before i have vertually a full bottle of it but didnt want to risk it as it might turn out s*it?

Didnt know autoglym came in to versions think ive got the red one whats the difference between the two??

Yip, its recommended for darks and metallic paints so will be good for your Mystic paint.

T-cut is ok but i wouldnt recommend using it very often.

Dont want to sound like im teaching you to suck eggs here but use a good shampoo first as this will always help the results.

Ive got the auto glym with the shampoo, glass cleaner and polish in it so will give it a go 2moz depending on the weather crap weather all the time at the minute if its not rainin its bloody freezin!! lol

Bad time of year for washing cars Jon_vr6.

I did mine on Saturday night, in the dark for the the Stealth day and its bloody filthy again already.

Best to keep on top of it though..

yeah was gonna look at your rado when you hasd it for sale mate very nice but then the storm came up and i couldnt resist!

Yeah if i see some random guy wavin at me in a car ill know its you lol

Just thought id update my thread with a couple of pics of the storm still loving it getting the chains etc done later this month and getting the solitudes refubed! Looks so much better after a bit of care on the paint work if you look at the then and now the colour has just been lifted!

Then

DSC07436.jpg

Now

CIMG0044.jpg

CIMG0045.jpg

Looking good Jon...

How many miles had the car done to want Chains etc?? You got any nasty rattles or are you just getting them done nice and early??

I gave my flash pink a coat of Autoglym paint renovator, super resin, then a coat of ultra deep shine and low and behold it became flash red :) I then left it for a week and gave it a coat of high gloss which goes on like water and drys after about 30mins but for best results leave for 60mins plus and when you buff it off it will shine like a new pin and it will be as smooth as a babys bottom.

its got 127k goldie chains have never been changed and probably due for a change! Yeah rattles at a bout 1,250 rpm when i hold it there and read that if its like that time for renewal! Also gives piece of mind sorting them anyway before anything drastic happens!

Whats this high gloss deano? I use exacty what you use the autoglym stuff cant go wrong! was out there friday doing it and the gardener across the way said its looking nice and i hadnt even polished or waxed it!lol! He said he wished his wifes n reg rover looked like that i was thinking to myself rovers arnt renowned for aging gracefully! :lol:

Its called Autoglym extra gloss, you normally only find it in Halfords and it has got a gold label on it, give it a try and see what you think, I swear by it and on a dark finish the results will be even better.