Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

soakin wet DRIVERS side foot well!?

ok guys i konw that the whole wet carpet thing has been done to dead, and i have used the search. but i couldnt find anything on there bout drivers side leaks?

have already checked the door seals, door membrain, it souldnt be air intake vent as that a normaly attached to the passenger side leaks (plus it was all fine when i put in my swg cover a few wks back!) and my heater matrixs is fine.

so any ideas? all help will be greatfully reseved thanks Dave

It's a corrado VR6, you haven't happened to have took some old folks out for a spin have you?

Next to the fresh air vent under the scuttle, should be a drain hole...use a wire to clean it out. Chances are, its clogged and water in entering through the air vent.

RS VR6, The air vent is passengers side on UK spec cars mate.

RADO.001, It sounds like matrix woes. you may have the beginings of a leak. When mine went it cascaded all over my feet but a slow leak from the right hand side of the matrix could be your answer.

RADO.001, It sounds like matrix woes. you may have the beginings of a leak. When mine went it cascaded all over my feet but a slow leak from the right hand side of the matrix could be your answer.

Ah, i'll be checking this too -matrix woes-oh no! Nice one Zippy!

Lol...I though everything was switched on right hande cars!

If its your heater matrix...you'd should smell coolant and steam should be coming out of your vents. Check the drain hole next to the air vent under the scuttle.

How did you get on, I have the same symtoms and wondering what the most likely cause is. We did have loads of rain last week and I cleared loads of leaves from the scuttle today so fingers crossed thats the cause but I doubt it'll be that simple.

Double check the grommet round the cable for the bonnet release.......i had soaking drivers footwell till i discovered this little sucka was'nt quite sealed in properly underneath,allowed a surprising amount of water in when it banged it down!

was it boiling hot at the time?

i found a small leak in the drivers door seal, on the hinge side just above where the foot rest is skrewed on. it runs down from there, builds up and gose under the the door sill trim and soaks the carpet!

not sure if that the whole problem or if change the drivers doos seal will fix it?

and i put black mastic round the air intake on the left side under the swg cover as well as round the throttle & bonnet cables gromets!

was it boiling hot at the time?

Mine went when It was very hot and I was giving it some wiggins down some country lanes. Im guessing the pressure is greater the hotter it gets and if you have a small leak it is more likely to burst when things are pretty warm.