Sign in to follow this  
flusted

WTF is a "thrust intake pressure sensor"?

Just taken a polo 1.4 98 model to our local stealers as it occasionally stalls.

Theve told me its the "Thrust intake pressure sensor" and quoted £175.89 to change.

Has anyone got a clue to what 1 of these is and how much a new 1 is and is it easy to change?

Theve also quoted £61.10 to clean the throttlebody :shock:

Any help much appreciated

alright aide! ive got etka somewhere if you wanna come have a butchers on there one night we'll try find the right part!

my bet is thou that its the maf sensor or something like that and theyve just got it wrong!

Sorry but it’s not a MAF, it’s a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor and Inlet Air Temp (IAT) sensor all in one. Very prone to going wrong and one I did last week on a Fabia (am I allowed to use that word on here?) meant removing the inlet manifold.

ahh thats it. map and iat. on the polo its stuck on the side. if its running crappy and stalling unplug it . it will still run.

shouldn't have to . and can get them s/h. dont know how much new, do a search on the gsf or euros site.

For a 98 Polo 1.4 with either an AFH or AFK engine, it is 036 906 051 which costs £138.94 inc. VAT from VW. You don't have to remove the manifold on that one.

Just done another this afternoon. I tried to get a pattern one (the lass was a bit low on funds) and my supplier advised me not to, he said buy genuine-so I did.