Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

Leather Cleaning Product Needed

Hi Fellas Im after a good leather cleaning product for my vr6 to bring it up to a nice shine instead of the tired look it is at the minute??

Its black leather by the way!!

Any help thanks in advance!! 8)

Autoglymn again for this.

The cleaner and treatment cream are both good. Only drawback is they dont smell particularly apperitising when you put it on. The smell doesnt hang around though!

There is a cleaning products section on here, have a peep in there to see for any varying opinions.

Do a search, plenty of leather discussion up for grabs.

Incidentally though I cleaned the leather in my S3 today. I had both Autoglym products and Gliptone 'liquid leather' to hand. I found the LL cleaner was much better than the Autoglym mainly because it's a gel rather than spray on liquid and so better to work into the leather.

Didn't use the Autoglym conditioner because the LL one smelt so good! The LL conditioner is a cream which you leave on and it makes the leather much more supple and smells like new.

I'd go with Liquid Leather avaialble from ebay for £13.

I might give this stuff a shot.

Happy with the Autoglym but doesnt hurt to try something new..

Is there a liquid Leather cleaner and cream??

The Liquid Leather comes in two bottles, one is a cleaner, the second is the conditioner. They also do leather dye that you can work into the cracks of the leather.

Yeah, have a search on ebay.

They do both products (cleaner & conditioner) for under £10 + P&P

Another vote for the gliptone.

If you want some more views, search by the Interior forum for:

leather AND clean*

or

leather AND gliptone

Should bring up lots of similar threads as I know there's been a few.

I'd also recommend a soft nail brush, to work the cleaner into the cracks. I did the beige leather in my storm the other week, using Autoglyn, with as said, is still pretty good. It took al,ost 3 hours to do 1 seat, but with the dirt out of the cracks, most of them aren't noticable, and it looks damn good, if I do say so myself. Almost like new!

Ok... im going to be doing a proper guide on this soon as its often an area where people go wrong or expect too much.

Cleaner... Ive used both AG and Gliptone. I actually founf the AG more effective. Spray on. use an interior sponge or nail brush to agitate it all and work it into the leather. Use warm water in bucket and leather or MF cloth to wipe off untill no more sign of the cleaner. Leave to dry.

If its really ingrained dirt try AG interior cleaner. but make sure its cleaned off properly and follow up with the leather cleaner anyway.

Conditioner... Any conditioner should be used when the leather is WARM!!! even the liquid leather will be average if its done on cold leather and wiped straight off. Use a hair dryer or leaver the heater on with all doors closed to raise the ambiant temp. then apply the gliptone liquid leather (yes this is better than the AG conditioner) and work it into leather. Leave for 4+ hrs. and wipe off any residue with a damp cloth if you need it.

The key is the warmth.

oh and its available from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk for about £6 a bottle.

I tried the AG cleaner along with several other off the shelf products and didn't find any of them that good at actually shifting dirt...

The Mer stuff is the only one I have found to work so far!!