Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Why Doesn't My Corrado BLING

I was my corrado regularly and polish it using autoglym and once in a while give it a good coating of colour magic and still cant get the bloody thing to shine.... Its gotta shine really really deep and i seen a few cars that do but mine doesnt hope u guys can help

Try meguirs(cant spell it) or zymol. Zymol especially is excellent although expensive if you do the whole recomended clean and wax. I think the starter kit is around £80 but its worth it. I just have the polish and its amazing. I'd show a photo but 1 my car is silver and never looks really polished and 2 I never took any pictures after polishing it. Oh and 3 I sold it.

One more thing, your car looks pretty shiny to me in the pic!

yeah its pretty shiny but im so picky and just want it the shine-ist as poss will try and find out where i can get hold of the polishes u mentioned £80 bit steep though, but i guess i prob spend that much on more useless crap than polishes....

sometimes its the type of paint. metallic blacks and solid blacks come out differently, with the metallic often gives a hazy appearance. My GF's black polo has the same problem really. very hard to keep clean too, it shows up everything!

My cars a metalic grey and its always showing dirt, think all metalic paints show dirt more, my m8 has a light bluey green rover non metalic and it looked nice and clean and i asked him when he last cleaned it and he said not anytime recently, so guess its just metalic paints that show dirt better but come up with a better shine when cleaned, some pics of my car in the members gallery after it was first cleaned.

Anyone know if i can shrink some pics of my car so i can put em near my name on the left, all the ones i took are 2 big in size.

Sounds like you need the full treatment...clay, cleaner fluid then a good wax. That WILL bring the result that you require from your paintwork. The AG stuff while it is OK, does not deep clean the paint, and on some of the metallics, I have seen it on a met dark blue, there seems to be a haze left after the super resin polish has been used, which will not remov no matter how much of the stuff you use.

With some of the Cleaner Fluid, the haze was remove straight away and the glossy paintwork revealed. Topped of with a good wax and there you have it.

There a quite a few SWISSOL users on here, and I expect that they will let you know how they get on with the products.

Let me know if you would like more info via a PM.

Still to 10% discount for all forum users as before........ :D

John.

Come on them boyz what u think of swissol products :)

used some on mine......very kindly donated by skid :wink: tho i just used them on the front wings and both doors......but does make a difference........and you just got to love the smell :wink:

Anyone know if i can shrink some pics of my car so i can put em near my name on the left, all the ones i took are 2 big in size.

send the pics you want as your avatar to me at mailto:[email protected]

and i'll sort them out for you.....or if you can reduce them down to 150 pixels by 150 pixels as anything bigger won't work

i went into the local motorworld today for bits and bobs and was speaking to the guy abt these products and they were saying that they are good but not as good as MEGUIRES and that i would need some sort of clay bar and then a polish and this would bring the car up but not much from the shine it already has because its a good shine already. Apprantly if u use the clay bar and the polish it was look sweet all the time as long as u treat it frequently, even after a dourpour it wont leave spots. I would love this, if i could believe it would work........

so is meguires as good or better,,, i would like to go for this as it is easily available from motorworld and dont have to order it and wait few weeks for it...

Thanks

P.S there was a scooby parked outside and owner was telling me he hadnt washed it for a week or so and been thru some showers and it was really soft and shiny...Treated with meguires....(owner is quite a genuine bloke...)

i use swissol,think its brilliant havent had to wax it for ages to keep it shiney,tried meguirs didnt like it,but the drying cloth it amazing

Meguires is like in between SWISSOL/ZYMOL and AutoGlym type stuff.

You will get the best results by using clay, then cleaner fluid, then wax on top, as I stated above.

Most of the TT forum and Scoobynet use these products and they have nothing but praise for them.

If you would like more info then please PM me.

John.