Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

where to buy new bonnet? (genuine)

First palce to look would be VAG - but is there anywhere else that does genuine VAG parts (that were never sold and are just collecting dust) ???

- is it volksbits?

Volksbits as far as I know just sell cheap nasty chromed plastic tat.. :lol:

GPC would be my only other thought, but either way I think you're looking at something horrifying like £700+

Then it'll still need painting too, so you've gotta be better off buying one off a breaker and getting it painted.

ICG: Will VR fit a 16v post 1992?

ICG: And you all the way down in Isle of White? Visiting any relatives in Westmidlands this xmas??? ....... Meanwhile you wont mind if I see if there is anyone local - but thanks for offer.

;)

GPC - thats the one Dink 8)

Question - oh and does the old (inward dent) bonnet fir the later C (hinges and all)?

All bonnets are interchangeable - but the early dipped bonnets don't fit the VR cos there's not enough clearance.

dinkus, they do fit... I've seen a VR6 with an early bonnet before.... I don't want to think just how little clearance there is, and I hope they had good stiff engine mounts! :lol:

dinkus, they do fit... I've seen a VR6 with an early bonnet before.... I don't want to think just how little clearance there is, and I hope they had good stiff engine mounts! :lol:

I've been in a VR6 with an early bonnet before, they do fit, but then again the engine does hit the bonnet from time to time as you drive, that was with new VAG mounts.

Warning!! Shameless "I have bonnet and it'll cost you way way less than 700quid" plug.

I'm breaking a 92 G60, and its bonnet is the late style which is the same as the normal VR6s. It's metallic black, would need spraying to be A1, due to stone chips. No sound proof lining though. Plus I'm in Gloucester, which isn't too far from the west midlands :-)

ICG: Will VR fit a 16v post 1992?

ICG: And you all the way down in Isle of White? Visiting any relatives in Westmidlands this xmas??? ....... Meanwhile you wont mind if I see if there is anyone local - but thanks for offer.

;)

GPC - thats the one Dink 8)

Question - oh and does the old (inward dent) bonnet fir the later C (hinges and all)?