Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Urgent Vag com Help

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone can lend me their vagcom software and lead for a couple of weeks. if not where can i get a good lead from and software.

Is it USB or serial port etc etc.

Please PM me if you can help

thanks

Nige

Its a serial or USB connection, It is possible to build up a cable, a friend of mine built his and I use it regularly.

I could ask him for the instructions if thats any help?

I bought a lead off ebay. It seems to work ok with the downloaded software. Not convinced it likes 'talking' to my ABS ECU though?

Anyone purchased on off ebay....needs if for the missus mk4 golf (early 2002 and my 2005 Leon)

Check on the Ross Tech website for compatability with your cars and which interface you'll need, not sure but the 2005 Leon may need CAN-bus and I don't know if everything is backwards compatible?

I bought my cable from ebay, a German seller rather than an American one even though the price was a few pounds more at £22 (ish) but as it's EU you know there'll be no extra duty to pay. I downloaded release 409-1 from Ross Tech and registered it for $99 once I knew it worked OK. The cable I have is serial rather than USB as I tend to trust serial more, depends what ports you have on your laptop I guess!