Sign in to follow this  
cmoth

NOT A GOOD WEEK!

Thought I would replace the CAM sensor today, removed the coilpack no problem, went to remove the plastic covers and realised I didnt have the right tool, as it does not look like this things have ever been removed before due to the rust on the bolts / nuts etc.

Anyway, went to shut bonnet as thought I would pop out and buy the Star tools that I needed, and the bonnet got stuck! - It was closed on one side and ajar on the other, like when you pop the bonnet. So I pulled the bonnet leaver out again, nothing happened, pulled a bit harder and it snapped!

This did happen on my previous corrado a good few years back and the garage managed to get it open. Problem I have is that as the coilpack has been removed, I cannot drive the car, or open the bonnet , so will have to get breakdown people over in the morning to toe the car back to the garage unless anyone knows how to get the bonnet open again and its fairly straight forward?

Not had a good week with my Rado what with the exhaust etc which I pleased to report is now fine.

Thoughts?

Col

Right - from the outside, as if looking under the bonnet, the left side was the one that was released. Try the seat belt trick which appeared to work until I pushed down on the passenger side, and the bonnet shut completely!

Sh1te I thought, so pulled the fuse box cover out the way , got a pair of pliers and tugged. The righthand side then opened but could I get the left side open again, no chance.

Due to the light, cant see myself getting chance to have another look until next weekend, so I either wait as I dont need to use the car, or get it towed to the garage by recovery, to face more bills!

Has anyone been able to release the nearside by any other way other than damaging the grill etc which is not an option?