Sign in to follow this  
oxfordpaul

Rear Wiper

Hi,

My rear wiper clicks/creaks when it swipes, is this anything to worry about? Is there a simple cure?

Also my heated rear window only works on some elements and they appear slightly damaged...I've tried some repair paint from Halfords with no success. Are there any professionals that can repair these?

It may be easier to get yourself another back window, cant see them being very expenise 2nd hand.

As for the wiper, have you checked the securing nut is tight and that it isnt slipping?? If that doesnt sort it then its probably gonna be a motor issue as there are no linkages andthe motor drives the wiper directtly.

I had a lot of rattles and creaks coming from mine too. If you take off the arm, behind it there is a large nut securing the spindle where it passes through the bodywork. This was very loose and simply tightening that made a huge difference.

Also, try looking at the mounting of the motor mechanism; take off the cover inside the rear door and check that all the mounting bolts are properly secure.

Best wishes

RB

Is that right, is the rear screen covered then?

A few years ago I was arguing with my wife and slammed the hatchback down on my old valver so hard that I smashed the glass! Took it in to have it swapped expecting to have to pay, turned out I was covered. Checking your cover first might be an idea though. :wink:

After trying to tighten up the rear wiper bolts to no avail I've now removed it... this is what I found, the metal bits inside the motor have worn away so there's play in it (the phot'd piece sits in a magnetic sleeve). This must be why it was creaking and no doubt would pack up eventually. question is, is this common or am I unlucky? Not sure whether to buy a second hand one or not....