Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Cr@p, going to lose my VAG Windscreen!

Well, courtsey of some plonker Hairdresser driving his TT almost into the barrier on the M11 at the weekend, I've got to get the windscreen replaced! Hoofing big stone at speed vs windscreen :mad:

Question is, the Screen looks like it' original (has VW markings same as the rest of the windows) so will my insurance cover the cost of another VW or will I have to have whatever the RAC/Autowindscreen etc.. have in stock. Or can I spec a VW screen?

Also do I ask for a green top tint at the same time?

Any-one who's been through this and can give me some advice??

They tend to fit only VW anyway. Last window I had fitted by Autowindscreens had the VW Logo scribbled out on the box as officially they are not a VW service dealer but its the only place to get it from apparently!

If you want to the tint at the top, tell them that is what you have currently... even if it isnt. The guy that fits your window isnt gonna care what he fits and if it matches whats there.

- Ross

as long as you can see through it who gives a sh't?

The Pilkington ones are not very good and seem to cause problems with the wipers (flat spots) - Only go for original Sekurit glass

speak to your insurance company.. I noticed on the other halfs insurance docs that they will only pay out £75 if you take it anywhere but there approved centres.

REMEMBER THIS....

Your car should be left in the same state as the pre insured event....so basically they should fit OEM glass.