Sign in to follow this  
gogsboy

Sony stereos and remotes in VR6

The VR6 Storm I have has been fitted with a Sony CDX-M670 which I dont believe was the original.

It came with a RM-X111 remote, the coulum joystick remote is still there but doesnt work, does anyone know if they are compatible or not and thats why its not hooked up as such?

I know the Sony RM-X5S joystick is compatible with this stereo, does anyone know which one was put into the Storms.

Also anyone who has owned of these flip down sonys, is there a way to remove the front panel as there was a sony carry case left in car but think might be from the original.

Thanks

flip down sonys, is there a way to remove the front panel

Yip, the front still comes off.

By what method exactly, I haven't really used it much but didnt seem to be clear how it came off.

Was scared incase broke it, seemed a bit flimsy.

On mine (unsure of model) theres a button which just pops it off in the usual fashion - one side releases.

Ill have a look in my history file as im sure ive got the hand book for the original head unit and let you kow what it was. I know it was a tape player and mine has got the ten disc changer in the boot.

Mines a flip down sony face off. On mine you flip the front down using the release button on the front(top right of face on mine), then hold the face and push to the right, allowing the sprung hinge to release from the left side.

HTH

Mines a flip down sony face off. On mine you flip the front down using the release button on the front(top right of face on mine), then hold the face and push to the right, allowing the sprung hinge to release from the left side.

HTH

agreed, My old sony MDX was exactly the same.

I had a sony active black, I had to press and hold the open button on the front. the screen would then open about 30', allowing the screen to be slide upwards.

I had a sony active black, I had to press and hold the open button on the front. the screen would then open about 30', allowing the screen to be slide upwards.

Thats how this one operates, its not exactly obvious until you know how ;)

How the button for around 2-3 secs and out its comes and just slide it up...

Manual helped a great deal since I never got one