Sign in to follow this  
Storm Monkey

Help needed quickly with Koni's

I had a quick search, and didn't find anything so far, but I need help quickly!

I'm about to order some Koni TA's online, but there is a choise of height, the standard and a short version. Which do I need to go with H&R 40mm drop springs?

This is kind of urgent, cos I want them to arrive before mid next week, so I can fit them over Christmas.

Please Help!!

Phil

I had a quick search, and didn't find anything so far, but I need help quickly!

I'm about to order some Koni TA's online, but there is a choise of height, the standard and a short version. Which do I need to go with H&R 40mm drop springs?

This is kind of urgent, cos I want them to arrive before mid next week, so I can fit them over Christmas.

Please Help!!

Phil

Koni's info is so confusing, I ended up receiving inserts instead of complete legs.

You do need the short version from what I remember, as the standards will be designed to work at the appropriate length for standard springs.

Really confused now!

I e-mailed the shop, who said for H&R's, @30mm drop, then the standards are the ones to go for. Koni's website is little use either.

Inserts? Whats them then?

Phil

OK......springs have just arrived..............nice shade of green, is gona look vivid on yellow dampers! Anyway, I'm a little concerned that all of the springs say Golf MK3 VR6 on them. The fronts I can understand, but not sure about the rears. Wasn't the rear suspension off of a Passat?

Have they sent me the wrong springs?

Phil

OK......springs have just arrived..............nice shade of green, is gona look vivid on yellow dampers! Anyway, I'm a little concerned that all of the springs say Golf MK3 VR6 on them. The fronts I can understand, but not sure about the rears. Wasn't the rear suspension off of a Passat?

Have they sent me the wrong springs?

Phil

no, golf 2 parts originally, but from what I can see the mk3 bits are basically the same too, pretty much everything (corrado and golf 3) starts with a 191 part number, which is mk2 golf.

Thanks G-man................This is everything that's written on them.......

Fronts H&R A/L 29872 VA (F) KBA Nr 90 445 Golf 111 VR6

Rears H&R A/L 29872 HA ® KBA Nr 90 445 Golf 111 VR6

Cheers,

Phil

Sorry for the thread hi-jack but does this mean that a set of front and rear koni shock/H&R springs from a mk2 golf would fit a G60 Corrado? My friend has an edition one golf G60 and might be selling his suspension and i'm hoping it will fit my C.

Thanks for any help