Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

1989 F340BVV press car, I bought it !

3corsameal wrote

i have some old press/review material at home of the corrado, wonder if its in there?

Have a look for me mate, reg. no of this one is F240BVV any more info or anything else on these early cars would be excellent !!

Jim wrote

So you taking it back to original? Looking forward to seeing how this progresses - the original valvers in red on sebrings always looked great IMHO. Fantastic to see this press car on the forum!

You and Mave need to get working on em in time for the summer and get em together for a few pics!

Yeah mate its going to 100% original even down to the head unit & no. plates. If you look @ my members gallery you can see im handy enough so this should turn out to be a nice car !

Coxy wrote

i only ask cos I knew of a red press corrado in newton aycliffe, I think the lads name was Tim Hoyland who owned it. It will be over 7 years since I seen him and he was talking about selling it then, so it may be the same one - I assume there arent too many of them about!

Ill look thru the history to see if i can see any mention of his name, i'd of thought it will be probably the same car chances of 2 up north are pretty slim.

Goldie & Purpley dude i doubt i will be driving this 16v on saturday, ill probably be in my van or the GF's motor to be honest, im a bit of a fanny when it comes to cars so i wont be driving this car until its 100% finished !!

Ill take some pictures of it tommorow its too dark now, should i add it onto my VR6 gallery or start a new one ? I'd of thought new one to be honest.

Jimmi....................

Hey jimmi just seen this thread, i'm over the moon for ya mate especially as i KNOW this will come out to be an original as possible & will end up being one of the most desirable corrado's on the forum imho, can't wait to see it in the flesh......

whats your plans with it in the future then??? nice tasty profit to plough into your other 'project' or to keep it & take it to a few shows???

And i reckon it deserves a gallery of its own aswell.

Mate, fantastic news. A piece of Corrado history about to be restored and treasured and shared via the forum.

Great work!

Looking forward to this car making it to a few shows, complete with its history and stuff! :)

wow! hope this car makes it to some of the shows down south - I've never come across any of the press cars so it'd be great to see it.

I'm glad you're going to make it as original as poss. Much as I like the personalised ones, I think it's good to have a few around (and in trusted hands) which are as VW intended and what a car for this project. Good luck with the demodernising!!

Cheers for all the comments guys, tbh im not sure what the future will hold for the corrado. I very much doubt ill have time to go to any shows with the car, although i did plan on taking my VR to E38 this year so im sure i could get my GF to drive this valver down as well, so you maybe able top see it there.

Any way the most important thing is to get it back to the way it was intended !! Ive took a few pics of it outside my garage this morning covered in frost, not the best but ill take some more soon.

Work has started this morning, ive done a full engine service including, oil, air, fuel filters, plugs, leads, coil, rotor arm & dizzy cap & its running ace ! gonna put some track rods on it this arvo & get it tracked up then ill be sorting out the body work.

Ill take some pics this morning and start a members gallery.

Jimmi........

HI, bit of an old thread, but i just noticed that this car is the same one thats in the VW book i bought the other day, some nice shots of it in there