Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

Interior dilemma-Roll Cage or Rear seats ????

Amonst the other mechanical transformations my Corrado is goin under this winter im going to tackle the interior, ive fitted a set of really nice TT front seats, i also managed to fit the rear TT seats but they look terrible, The fronts are ace and arent going anywhere, the rears dont look nowhere near as good as the original seats.

My first plan was to have the oe corrado rear seats retrimmed to match the fronts. ive looked into this but the trimmers cannot match the smooth audi leather on the front seats, the stuff they suggested had a much heavier grain and looked more like vinyl to me !! cost £550

Second plan was to have the seat covers removed from the tt rears and put onto the Corrado seats, the trimmer said that there wasnt enough leather to do this and he would have to make some of it up with his own leather which in my opinion will look even woirse !! cost £450

3rd plan is to do without rear seats and fit a custom roll cage, i would make the boot floor flush with the rear seat hole and have a nice cage made to fit. Has anyone got any pictures of a rado with a nice flat boot floor and a 1/2 cage fitted ?

Anyones input would be appreciated !

Jimmi............

There was a car on autotrader a few weeks back with these. Search for Solomk1 (I think thats what is name is anyway). He had merc seats in the front so maybe try seraching for that?

It depends, really. Do you use/need rear seats? Do you intend to keep the car for a long time? I presume you mean a functional cage, if so they are quite expensive.

They can look great in a properly done car, but have little use if your just going to the shops and back. Do you do/want to do any track work?

EDIT: Just read your sig, sounds like a beast of car (goes searching for your members gallery thread) so might do your car some good on the handling front! Your car sounds amazing by the way!

Snappy Gaitors could probably match the leather up for you.

I would favour the cage personally though. It would mean no rear passengers though, which is always a good thing :-)

I personally think the cage is a better idea, ill never sit in the back of the car so the rear seats will never get used, 2 front seats will be enough i think !

If i do make the boot floor flush and build a 1/2 cage there are a few bits im unsure on. 1 if i remove the rear seatbelts there will be holes on the c pillar trims.2 the parcel shelf supports with the speakers in will look daft if i leave them in, but will probably look worse with out them, ill probably have to make some sort of trims to cover up whats left when they are removed !!

I think a cage will make the car more purposeful rather than a luxury limousine, which i think is more appropriate !!

Anyone got any pics of rados with roll cages fitted ????????????

Jimmi............

here ya go mate, theres a company in stoke that will make a roll cage for the corrado, i think it costs about £250 from them, i will get the details for ya,

Cheers for the pic KADVR6, thats what i was thinking about !

Ill be able to make it myself, im not into the bling of the polished aluminium to be honest, i think it would look more purposeful either satin black or colour matched to the car !

I dont think ill be bothering with the ICE on show either, i was thinking of a Helmet net instead !! The more ideas i have the faster i want the car finished !!!!

Jimmi....................